Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT, fake Pay Pal email scam

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mule Farmer, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

I just got an email spoof from some one posing as Pay Pal. Said that someone had tryed to get into my acount. Had a link and asked for your email adress and password. Once you give them that they want your credit card numbers and bank acount numbers as well as routing numbers. That didnt seem right to me, that they would need all that info again. So I didnt give them that. I logged into my paypal acount and forwarded them the email. They told me it wasnt from them and that if I gave them my password I should change it. So I did and everything is good again.

I thought I would let you guys know about it as paypal said that these bad folks send out millions of these emails fishing for information.

2. noboD

noboD

Thanks for the warning. I get these all the time, threatening to cancel my account if I don't give more info about my PayPal. Funny thing is I don't have one and never will.

3. hivolt76528

hivolt76528

Ok guys first thing you look for on any mail from Pay Pal is YOUR name - most of us use a screen name that isn't our actual name so when you get anything from pay pal that doesn't state any thing but your screen name --remember this --it's FAKE --turn it in to pay pal --this is also trur on anything from e-bay --same thing --your name --thats what counts !! :D

4. hivolt76528

hivolt76528

Oh and one more thing or 2 ---anytime you are in doubt , just send it to [email protected] , or spoof @ paypal.com They will let you know and if it is legit and one day for a reply won't hurt nearly as much as having to go change bank account #'s , credit cards and everything else--

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

E-bay told me when this was happining to me a while back that they will not contact you about account information Via..e-mail so any pay pal or e-bay e-mails are bogus..any..dont open them delet them and report them..pay pal has got some problems tho and i will not go into it..but as far as im concerned they have problems protecting their customers and some day there will be a big problem..or there will be a big problem with just you..take it for what its worth..my feelings and opinion..if you want more info pm me i will let you in on it.

6. the other me

the other me

yuo da man bretster....tanks bigtime fer da tipoff.