Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest OT: Eric Laufer of the Two Timin' Three Killed on his Harley here in Austin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kilroy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Hi guys, be safe on your bikes...

I just saw on the news that Eric Laufer of the Two Timin Three was run down on his harley this morning...

They were the first band we saw when we came to Austin and the first band we saw at the Continental club.

He was a real nice kid to me and my wife and very talented (Berkley school of music)...

They haven't got the guy who hit him yet...

May not be stricktly Hot Rod related but it was good music, and he seemed like a good guy...

2. jerry

jerry

Damn, but that sucks!

Saw them play in Phx. Liked their music alot.

jerry

3. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always hate to hear when a fellow biker goes down. Austin is definitely getting harder to ride in safely. Godspeed Eric........

I know Austin musicians are really good about benefits for fellow musicians. Let us know if anyone puts something together. I didn't know Eric or the band but I'd like to help out if I can.

4. damn that sucks. RIP..

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Man that sucks...prayers to his family.

6. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Been ridin' since 16..lots of years. It always sad to hear when one of us goes down..

RIP..

7. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

WOW...thats terrible..RIP

8. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

RIP. Eric was a cool dude, he will be missed.

9. hankcash

hankcash

FUCk!
    My day has just been ruined!

We played with them a couple of times and I thought they were one of the best acts ever.

Eric and I had several conversations here and there over the past few years.

I'm at a loss for words...

10. 100% Matt

100% Matt

11. borndead327

borndead327

i wish i would have known what happened i was pissed i was stuck in traffic this morning. 183 was down a lane or two this morn
    rip to a great musician and a rad guy

12. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

that's terrible to hear, i really hope they get that bastard. been riding almost 20 years myself and ride a triumph bonneville as my daily transportation and it always remids me to keep being careful when i hear of something like this. doesn't matter how good of a rider you are, it just takes one stupid asshole to take you out.

13. Scott

Scott

RIP
    Be careful out there folks. Im A daily rider and it seems there is someone who doesn't see you every day. As was said, it just takes Once.

14. Rip brother.

15. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I've been in Austin coming up on 3 years now, and it seems to be that onramp area on the 183 has been particularly deadly for bikers... I think there's been 3 or 4 fatalities there that I remember just since I've been here...

Hate to see that happen to anybody but Eric seemed like a real nice guy...

And they say the guy that ran him down from behind, dragged his bike for over a mile... That's just hard to hear....

RIP dude.

16. condolences , RIP Eric..

17. slammed

slammed

It's very sad. The term 'suck's' seem's out of place around death. God's Speed.

18. I've been struggling with this since I learned of it mid day yesterday. Eric was a top notch guy and a wonderful musician. I was able to get to know him back when we were both living in Boston, and due to the band's touring, was able to catch up with him here and there over the years.

I can't believe whomever did this is so callous and yellow bellied to not own up. I hope to God they find him.

Godspeed Eric.

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/090408kvuefatal-eh.42194d2d.html

19. HonkyTonker

HonkyTonker
    from Irving, TX

Eric was a great guy and always very sincere. Knew him when he was in the Boston area and later here in Texas. He was a great guy will tons of talent. He will be missed.

RIP Eric..

neal0o

20. HonkyTonker

HonkyTonker
    from Irving, TX

21. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

This is terribly sad. Who would leave someone for dead and push the motorcycle for a mile? Just sick.

22. sololobo

sololobo

Truly a tragic loss, Eric was a real fine gentleman, a fabulous musician, and certainly one of the nicest guys in the business. I met him at the Zoo Bar in Lincoln thru my pal and hot rod buddy Charlie Johnson from the Mezcal Brothers. I feel so lucky to have known him and enjoyed his bands fine music. R.I.P. my brother!!-Sololobo

23. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Prayers to his family and friends..rip

24. Marc Dee

Marc Dee

Just an update for who would like to help out.. this is a post i got from one of Erics roommates. Eric was a dear friend of mine and will be greatly missed. by the way the man that hit Eric was an illegal and has fled so if anyone has any info please call crime stoppers.

"I've set up a paypa<WBR>l accou<WBR>nt for those<WBR> who want to donat<WBR>e.

ericl<WBR>aufer<WBR>memor<WBR>y@<WBR>yahoo<WBR>.com
    it's under<WBR> his mom'<WBR>s name Rita Laufe<WBR>r
    (I'm sure you all know how to use paypa<WBR>l)

this is the addre<WBR>ss to the funer<WBR>al home in NY where<WBR> he will be
    anyth<WBR>ing can be sent there<WBR>, eric wasn'<WBR>t big on flowe<WBR>rs but money<WBR> is alway<WBR>s helpf<WBR>ul.

Hoy Funer<WBR>al Home,<WBR> Inc.

3855 Senec<WBR>a Stree<WBR>t
    West Senec<WBR>a, NY 14224

any other<WBR> info pleas<WBR>e conta<WBR>ct me @ 214-<WBR>364-<WBR>9985
    love to every<WBR>one
    Alyso<WBR>n

pleas<WBR>e repos<WBR>t this!<WBR>!"

also in the works is a benifit show any car clubs or bands that would like to help send an email to Shane Keil at [email protected]

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I hate when these pussy assholes hit someone then don't have the balls to at least stop and try to help. If the guy had stopped maby he might have been able to be saved. We have illegals everywhere here who cause accidents and then run and hide. Rest in peace to him,and my prayers go out to his family.:mad:

26. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

That is a sad loss.
    when I lived in austin a friend of mine got a harley bobber that he was super excited about..1 month -2 close calls, and a layover- and he swore off even tring to ride a bike in the city, and got a car

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Eric's voice was unique, nobody will ever sing like him.

28. Pete

Pete

I remember when he left Boston to move to Austin.

Great guy. RIP

Pete-