Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT Cuban cars in news vid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CapeCodBob, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Joey7319

Joey7319

Check out "yank Tanks" on netflix for a good movie on the old american cars in cuba it is available for on demand viewing. I thought it was pretty cool.

2. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

3. FWIW, Anthony Bourdain ' No Reservations' on The Travel Channel spent a minute or so on the American cars down there during his Cuba show-plus the background footage is gorgeous verification of the rumors...on right now if you care...DVR it otherwise.

4. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

I think the Cuban people view the old cars as a national treasure, and would never give them up. Probably they will be down there forever, but maybe could end up being a good customer for sellers when it opens up.

5. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Just watched the No Reservations show and man were they everywhere. They say that they are very proud of their rides because they have had to keep them going for years with little resources and because they know what they would be worth to the outside world.

6. 72IH

72IH

In another episode he drove a great looking Packard Clipper, it was a rental car. 55 or 56 i think, I don't know much about them but I love the way they look.