Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT buddy of mine needs your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by injunjoes, Aug 29, 2008.

1. injunjoes

injunjoes

just as the title reads a fellow hot rodder needs your prayers.

My buddy this past saturday was getting ready to go to work when he suddenly passed out and started having seizures, after a trip to the hospital and several MRI's and other tests it was discovered he had a mass on his brain. Understandably he is nervous about someone cutting on his skull to remove whatever it is. The doctors do not know if an infection has set in on his brain or if he has a tumor. So a week from today he will have surgery.

I have grown up with Rodney and we have been as thick as thieves for as long as I can remember. Rodney is the best friend a guy could ask for and would bend over backwards for anyone if he knew them or not. Rodney is 27 years old, recently married, and has the cutest daughter that will turn 5 months old next week. I know this predicament is driving him crazy because he cannot do the things he wants to do so badly, he has to sit around the house and cannot go to work in the shop like he has done for as many nights as I can remember. It's weird how little things we take for granted everyday are not realized until they are taken away from us, and I was reminded of that today when he stood up to warm up his daughters milk bottle and he stumbled and simply shook it off and continued on like nothing ever happened. I know he will make it through this because he is the most determined person I have ever known, but nevertheless your thoughts and prayers for him and his family are greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance injunjoes

2. comp

comp
    from So. IN.

best to him

3. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Sending out some well wishes

4. 31whitey

31whitey

5. Prayer sent....

6. DRD57

DRD57

7. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

8. Thoughts and prayers are with him. Hope it all goes well.

9. movingviolation

movingviolation

Thoughts are with him....................tell him not to quit and be positive. Tell him about Andy (hambandy), he has been an inspiration for alot of people around here.....he is always positive and refuses to let anything keep him down.

10. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

prayers sent! stay strong man,you got alot of livin to do.

11. gooseta2

gooseta2

I Put him on our prayer list.....Keep us updated...

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Prayers sent, keep us posted.

Frank

13. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I work at a Medical equipment manufacturer as such we have CT scanners MRI machines as well as PET/Spect scanners. As a result for some of the scanners guys will volunteer to get scans - sometimes just for the novelty and or bragging right s that you were the first to be scanned on the NEW Product line. Well one day this Engineer gets a scan and keep in mind no one in our place is officially "qualified" to read scans but they also know EXACTLY what they are looking at. They tell this guy to GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR - RIGHT NOW - LEAVE WORK GO!!!!!! TURNS out he has a GOLFBALL sized tumor behind his eye. He never felt any pain or pressure - nothing. He was scheduled to go on a cruise vacation (or some such thing) the very next day - instead he was prepping for surgury. This was serious shit. Anyways while he did miss his vacation he came through everything perfectly - no issues at all.

The state of the art is quite good - your buddy should know this. What you might want to talk to your buddy about is this - scanners are like anything else (soem are better than others)- you want to tell him to make sure he is being scanned on something somewhat NEW - particularily is he's having a PET or SPECT scan. The state of the art is always evolving with these things - the newer stuff is MUCH better than stuff made even a few years ago. Oncology is big business - scans are expensive because it takes a bunch of money to develop a machine - make sure your buddy is getting scanned at a place who has the LATEST equipment - it can matter.

Prayers sent

14. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

All the best to your friend. My oldest son went through a similar thing a few years ago. He ended up at The Cleveland Clinic and had 90+% of a brain tumor removed. He isn't totally out of the woods yet but he is in very capable hands. Just make sure your friend gets the best care available. Their are some fantastic facalities around. Make sure he seeks them out.

15. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

My prayers to your friend!
    good luck.....

16. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

defintely in my prayers as well.

17. Dirty2

Dirty2

Prayers sent up for Rodney . Praying for a speedy recovery .

18. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

19. whid

whid

hope things go well for your friend...........................................dave

20. chopt49

chopt49

Hope all goes well and a speedy recovery!

... sending good mo-jo vibes his way.

21. slammed

slammed

He's got mine as well.

22. injunjoes

injunjoes

btt surgery takes place tomorrow morning..
    a little update rodney is doing well considering the circumstances and is keeping his thoughts positive. thanks to everyone so far for keeping my friend in your thoughts and prayers. injunjoes

23. injunjoes

injunjoes

UPDATE:
    Rodney went through surgery this morning and it was successful, after the surgery they explained that the mass on his brain was not cancerous but they removed enough around the mass for further testing. The doctors thought it was a fluid buildup. He is expected to make a full recovery with no loss of any normal function. Rodney will however be in ICU for the next couple of days under observation, he will then be transferred to a regular room and released whenever the doctors see it fit to release him.

I would personally like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read this and give support to my best friend and his family that is in need. Please continue the support of Rodney and hope for a fast and full recovery, thanks again everyone injunjoes

24. me and mine have added Rodney to our prayer list hope all works out great.

25. Kerry67

Kerry67

Cool that he came out ok !!!

Cheers to him.

26. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup