Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Austin guys / music stuff

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sailor, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Sailor

Sailor

A buddy of mine's band The Low Frequency in Stereo has been invited to play at the South by Southwest-festival in Austin this year and is heading for Austin soon. Any chance a pretty unknown band like this will actually get heard in a sea of what is it, -like 1000 bands? They are great live, though.

http://2005.sxsw.com/music/showcases/band/17362.html

Those of you who know a certain norwegian in Flametrick Subs on a personal level could maybe tell him this as the band is coming from his hometown in Norway. He might get sentimental and all .. haha

You can check out the band here. The tune "Man dont walk" (on the site) is pretty killer stuff live.

http://www.lowfrequency.dk/

2. Sailor

Sailor

3. Everybodies to busy at the SXSW Show to respond to you...!!;)

I asked "How many bands are in Austin"...??? and the answer was..., "ONE" and everybody's in it...!!!! :eek: :D

I miss that place...!:)

4. OutLaw

OutLaw

If I see Ouva ( I think thats how you spell it ) I'll tell him.

5. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I heard 1,300 some odd bands for SXSW...madness...pure madness I tell you.

6. Sailor

Sailor

Thank you, Outlaw. Ove is the name.

7. Josh

Josh
    from So. IL

Thanks for the info, those guys are great and I plan on checking them out.

8. krupanut

krupanut

Thanks for the heads up Sailor.

My wife will dig that band.

9. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I could never spell it either. My wife knows him pretty well from back when she and her friends were some of the first Satan's Cheerleaders. Mike the lead singer for Flametricks has Black Cat Tattoo on Sixth St. open for SXSW-ya'll make sure to stop by and check him out.

10. Sailor

Sailor

Before he left Norway, Ove Fiskaaen used to play in a local, very Echo & The Bunnymen-inspired band called Im Nebel, -who later develped into the more popish The Colors Turned Red in the late eighties. This last band had lots of brilliant tunes, but their only LP was produced to death by some lame danish producer and intern fighting killed them live. Anyhow this band is now making their second LP after not having played together for like 12-13 years, everybody is friends, lots of new, even better tunes and the first live gig was a blast.
    This is also something Ove should know (maybe he do?).

Shaun; bring your wife and check The Low Frequency out ;) . I know they are a far cry from what you guys do, -but they really are good stuff in an unpredictable way. Im not sure what known band to use as reference really. Some say Mogwai (from Scotland), but to my ear they are quite different.