Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Anyone drive a '70s wagon every day?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Freiburger, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codeblu

codeblu

Not currently driving it(it needs a new tank)I have a 72 Dodge Coronet wagon. GY4 Honey Dew Yellow with green int. Factory towing package...A/C...318/727.

2. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

I miss them. My father worked for Ford and got a new lease car every year starting in 1962 with a Galaxie wagon. We camped so he ordered biggest engine every year. I learned to drive in a 74 460 LTD wagon. Sold my last one 15 years ago.

3. squirrel

squirrel

I daily fixed a 67 plymouth big block wagon back in the 70s....I had the ac working a couple times, for a day or two. Good luck david.

4. Greezy

Greezy

Wow I cant believe this place sometimes. Any mention of 70s muscle cars and everyone gets their undies in a wad. Dont really have a problem with that here since this WAS a traditional HOT ROD site at one time. And they are NOT the subject matter. Now theres discussion about 70s land barge wagons????

5. You're going soft Freiburg. If this is indeed the real David Freiburg.

6. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

We LOVE these wagons. We've had 4- 91-96 Caprice or Roadmaster wagons.
    Our last one, a 93 Roadmaster, was lowered, bigger wheels etc. Like driving a bark-o-lounger on wheels.
    And ours got over 20mpg around town, and 25+ on highway, if under 80mph....
    Plus my wife loves them too. Looking for another as we speak....

7. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I think it is him. The wagon fits. If you read his editorials in Hot Rod he drives cars like a 72 Pontiac with a 6. I'm glad he is back at Hot Rod and Hot Rod Deluxe.
    Hey Freiburg, I'd like to see more 60's style customs/hot rods in HRD...thin whitewall tires, mags, metalflake, lace paint, etc. I think you can feature cars made right up till about 1973...

8. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

Recently sold my cream colored 79 Buick Regal wagon (I need to drive trucks) that was slightly lowered with Buick chrome ralley wheels. Shouldn't have done it. Gonna miss that car someday and be kickin' myself. The Divco should make up for it though.

I would like my next wagon to look like one of these. I got 2 more Divcos along with the one in my avatar and a few Morris Minors I could make my next wagons out of.

Attached Files:

9. edsel

edsel

I drive a 1970 Torino Squire (woody) wagon almost every day as my shop truck , even had it to Idaho this summer on an Edsel parts run, get about 18mpg in town and 21 mpg on the highway. And of all my cars (even the 55 belairs hdtp's) I get more thumbs up and "cool car Mister" comments then them all.
    I need to get more current pic's as I have lowered it in the front and added a black GT hood, put J.C. Whitney $300 seat covers and J.C.W. carpet in it, including the Non H.A.M.B. friendly 17" tire/wheels I am in this ride less then $3,000 so that is very cool. edsel

Attached Files:

10. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

My daily is a '91 Country Squire, 302, AOD, 18-21 mpg easily.

But I'm starting to use my '65 Country Squire more regularly.
    352, factory 4 barrel and dual exhaust.

About 15 mpg, but you can't beat the cool factor.

3rd seats face each other in both cars. :D

11. Sauli

Sauli

That´s COOL...Wipes the men´s room floor with any and all minivans and SUV´s out there on the same freeway, and contrary to the minivan-militia, no payments to worry about either...Sounds like my kind of commuter...:)
    Pics please...

12. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

My old wagon is not really that old and was a great shop truck. 1991 Olds ,see if you can count all the custom work done to it.

Attached Files:

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

Check out our new hot rod. I'm thinking though that the kids would enjoy it more if I added a video player. Maybe in the headrests? What do you think? Anyone done it before?

[​IMG]

14. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

Man I want to cut up one of those Magnums. I think taking the windshield down a few inches so she is chopped level from front to back and layed out on air with everything shaved. I guess i should have been a mini trucker in my youth instead of VDubs.

15. wvenfield

wvenfield

Yeah, I'm thinking for tech week next time we have a section for reprogramming the computers. Maybe a bitch session on problems we've had getting warranty work done.

16. dedsleds

dedsleds

my 1972 pontiac grand safari........well not everyday......but i used to drive a 75 grand safari to college in the 90's........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

455 4brl, a/c, 3.23 open, tilt, power rear window, original paint, 6 passenger, 71,000 miles

17. Gator

Gator

This guy thinks they're cool.

[​IMG]

18. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I'm with you, Greezy! This is nothing short of ridiculous to continue a thread about modern station wagons........what is going on? Threads get closed about *street rods*, but this goes on and on???/

CB

19. yekoms

yekoms

I haul traditional parts in it. Does that make it HAMB freindly?
    Smokey

Attached Files:

20. not Hamb freindly for sure...and sure as hell not a land barge,,,but still a 70's wagon...1972 chevy vega "Kamback"..my daily for over 12 years here in michigan,,,from single 4 stock sbc to t ram to blown 400 sbc reaching for the 600 hp mark...

wagon with tunnel ram....jpg

blown vega 2.jpg

blown wagon hooded.jpg

blown wagon rear.jpg

21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

How did I miss this wonderful thread?......golly!!!!!!

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Off topic... 70's wagons? Seriously?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.