Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT-Another reason to buy American

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rock 'n Roll DaddyO, Feb 11, 2013.

1. This is totally off topic but I wanted to post my thanks to a great American Company. About 9 years ago I was able to get a Ramsey Winch for my car trailer. This winch has pulled everything onto my trailer including a 1955 Cadillac Limo, 1936 Graham, and even a 1952 Cadillac with 4 flat tires and a locked up hub!!

About three weeks ago, I was loading my 1956 Chevy Wagon, when the winch started making a bad noise. I knew this sound wasn't going to be good. After I got hte car off the trailer the winch just stopped working........I took the winch off my trailer and tried to fix it but no luck.

I called Ramsey Winch Company in Tulsa, Oklahoma and made arrangements to ship it back to them for repair. I figured I was going to be SOL. The price of a new Ramsey winch was out of my league, for one equivalant the price was $1200. I figured I would be stuck buying with a cheap China made winch.

I just got a call from Ramsey Winch Company today, They fixed my winch, Even though it was manufactured in 2003 they fixed it!! They told me they replaced a bearing, fixed the brake and the solenoid.

They told me the winch had been shipped and scheuduled for delivery to my doorstep on Thursday. Here is the most amazing part......Ramsey Winch Company fixed my winch and shipped it back to me for free!! That's right zip, zilch, nada...The only thing I paid was $50 dollars for shipping to Tulsa from Kingsburg.

I can't beleive they fixed a winch that was 10 years old and covered it under warranty. This winch has been awesome. All of my friends and family that use my trailer love that winch. The past month without the winch on my trailer has really sucked!

Well I can't say enough about Ramsey Winch, they might be expensive but well worth the price. After 9 years of use and a lot of hours I still have a great winch!!

2. I have a Ramsey 5000 winch on my trailer, and I love it! I've never had a problem with the winch itself, but the remote control connection is getting a little wonky, as I have to seat the plug just so before it works. Of the three winches I have owned, this is the best.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That is very honorable of them.

4. aircap

aircap

Right on, Ramsey Winch!

5. Wow, a company that still practices quality customer service.
    A credit to our industry.
    Now if we could only get the majority of the other companies to get on board.
    Ramsey Winch, good on you.

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I certainly hope the fine people at Ramsey see this.

7. Definitely something to be said for standing behind your product.
    Well done

8. ryno

ryno

good deal , and i learned something already this am, ramsey is in tulsa!

9. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

What comes around goes around take care of the customers we Buy & Sell American as much as possible if Americans don't have a job they can't build Hot Rods . Gosh, then what would I do on weekends ?

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Ramsey winches carry a limited LIFETIME warranty. Makes me proud to have grown up in Tulsa! :)

11. metalman

metalman

Running a tow company for 10 years with a couple dozen trucks it was a no brainer for me, every one of my trucks had a Ramsey hydrolic winch. Don't remember ever having one go down.
    I have a Warn on my trailer now, I like it but still wish a Ramsey was in the budjet when I bought it.

12. imjustsearchingthreads

imjustsearchingthreads
    BANNED

thats is awesome...

but a guy like me wouldnt pay 1200 for a winch, unless i hit the lotto

13. scrubba

scrubba

I've had two wreckers with Ramsey winches . Never had a problem with either . Now the same couldn't be said of Target master engines though .......... scrubba

14. murpa

murpa
    from .

Buy american!

15. raidmagic

raidmagic

That's awesome!!

16. I used to sell and service winches and here is a tip to extend the life of your winch. Cover it. Put it in a tool box or buy a fabric cover. Water and dirt could be traced to just about every failure. The winches on wreckers are made to live outside under severe use and yes the recovery winches are also but most of them get very limited use and just set there rusting the internal parts. Just like here they work fine untill you are 200 miles from home and it just quits.

17. mohead1

mohead1

I have a Ramsey 12k lb. hoss of a winch. Lets hear it for American manufacturers. If the mega rich jackasses who send our work to asia so they can make more profit would STOP, then we could have good, long lasting equipment again....not throw away CRAP

18. Here is another good one. I have an aquaintence that has a gas altered, he used a lot of engine parts from his gasser that he ran in the '60s. He is still running harland Sharp rockers that he originally purchased in the '60s, in the '90s he had 2 of them go bad. He called them to ask about buying just two new rockers (yea he is a real racer) they asked for his address so he gave it to them and just figured that they were comming C.O.D. 2 new rockers arrive at his door the following day (yes they overnighted them) with a prepaid return box and a note asking him to drop the bad rockers at the Fed Ex.

There are some American companies that will take care of you and they should be noted so all can know who they are.

19. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

I am partial to Ramsey winches, also.

20. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Even more O.T., when I got married the first time, '72, we bought a stereo with Cerwin Vega speakers. Fast forward 25 years, the speakers went out. Took them to the factory and the tech asked if we still had the receipt. Sure enough, my wife had kept it. The tech said the speakers where guaranteed for life and rebuilt them for free. Try doing that with Chinese products...........

21. JEM

JEM

I need a trailer winch soon and this is good input.

22. I've got a 8,000 lb. Ramsey that is 25 yrs. old never a problem with it.
    Lee

23. So, I got the winch back just as Ramsey said! I opened the box and.......it was in better condition than when I sent to them! Not only did they fix the winch, they replaced a couple of broken brackets (I did not expect that)! Printed on the receipt was "warranty", warranty on a 10 year old product? Awesome!!

Thank you Ramsey Winch!!!!! Buy American!!!

Attached Files:

24. 7ate9

7ate9
    from Maine

Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna have to consider saving up some extra pennies for a Ramsey when I get a winch.

25. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

kudos to a fine american company.

26. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Don't even think about one of those chinese winches. Sold a car to a guy and he showed up with a 10k chinese winch on his trailer. The thing was brand new and it moaned and groaned and barely loaded the same car I had loaded with my 15 year old 8k Ramsey winch. Never have regretted buying a quality winch!!