Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: A kick in the head at the doctors office and life in general

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chromedRAT, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Scott F.

Scott F.

It is not an easy thing to deal with and accept, but you must know that in His infinite wisdom there is a greater reason when things like these happen. Believing in God is easy, trusting him is much more difficult at times. This is one time when it is very important to trust him. My wife and I have had this experience as well. Share how you feel with your wife and be there for her.

Scott

2. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

Well, we had a rough weekend, on me mostly, bleeding I guess is normal in a miscarriage, but it's damned unsettling. Went to the ER last night for a 5 hour trip, back to the hospital today for them to take care of what's left of our kid. She handled it great, procedure went fine, and she had enough energy to go to oversee Volleyball practice. Girl's hardcore, but I think we're out of the woods.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas, means a lot.

3. My wife and I lost our only very early on but still a kick in the gut just the same .Take care of yourself and family that is your strength. Our hearts are with you. Rob

4. Take care of that High School Sweetheart, and those sons. It's a great honour being a part of this "Family" we call the "HAMB",even after not being here much lately, you knew where to come for some needed support. That's an honour we all should cherish, after all it's not just about hot rods, it's about good people like yourself and many others here. You know where to find us, if we can help in any way in the future too.
    Take Care, 29Bowtie.

5. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Josh I'm very sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you and your wife.

Doc.

6. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Itsa tough hand to be dealt for sure...that said, ALOT of us here have been through it, if you need something, ask, hell we even gotta couple of M.D.s here.... (caint remember who tho that I asked a few questions at the butt crack of dawn when we were going through late stage #2).

Be patient with your sweetheart, I know mine was fine one miniute and a mess the next...your right, it's easier on us, and dont forget that and accidently tromp on her feelings...

Good luck, and time will take the edge off....

7. GlenC

GlenC

I've watched my youngest daughter and her husband go through this twice in the last 2 years, so I can understand what you're going through and you certainly have my sympathies. After 2 miscarriages at 12 weeks, my daughter is now approaching 20 weeks with a strong, healthy baby inside her. We'll even know if it's a boy or a girl on Friday.

They were devastated, especially after the second one, but they decided to just relax and get on with life, and if a pregnancy happened, then it happened, and that's exactly what did happen.

Good luck, Glen.

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That's got to be one of the roughest blows to be dealt with. As everyone has said, just take it day by day and if it was meant to be it will happen. I'm very happy for you finding your old highschool sweetheart and when the time is right you'll be a dad. Actually you are one right now with the twin boys, be there for them and the wife. I'll be praying for you.

Frank

9. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

you will not be handed anything you can't handle....remember this you are not alone.
    my wife and I had two miscarries after our son was born

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  10. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Tough time. Lived through that. Just be yourself and take care of what you have.

11. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

sorry to hear of your troubles. My wife and I had a miscarriage early in her pregnancy about this time last year. Just to let you know things do get better, here's a picture of my new son jacob born on june 30th! You never know how quickly they can turn around. good luck to you and your new family.

Attached Files:

12. So sorry to hear this.

JH

13. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Damn dude, so sorry to hear this. There are alot of FRIENDS here on the HAMB pulling for you and your wife.

14. belair

belair

Sad news. Lots of good advice here from others who have been where you are. Praying for your family.

15. Ole don

Ole don

Hugs to both.

16. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

The lord works in many different way's . Our youngest son and daughter in law lost there first 1 year ago, Then the lord blessed all of us last month with a new grand daughter. Just know in your heart's we are all thinking and praying for you

17. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Remember for whatever reason God decided to not let this one work out,that child is safe with him, and someday you will be reunited. i'm looking for a song I heard about this on the christian country station. My stepdaughter is working on kid number five right now, who has nearly been lost at least a half a dozen times, and she had several miscarriages before this one. I somehow feel the presence of the one she lost here hanging around,maby God made him an angel or something. I wouldn't worry sbout the time it takes to do your art, i read the entire article on your link, and you are a great artist. If I could afford something like that it wouldn't matter how long it took, i did some aluminum sand casting when I was younger back in school, and I have to say I enjoyed it,they don't sandcast up there anymore,liability issues. I hope someday you can combine your teaching with your art and teach people how to do this. It's becoming a lost art form. When things are looking better and you are back on your feet, how about taking the article on your link, and putting ip up in a Hamb post with full size pictures? Really good stuff and I know people here will enjoy it. :)

18. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

19. VanHook

VanHook

Josh, I am so sorry to hear that!

20. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Many years ago my wife miscarried at home, in the bathroom if you know what i mean. It was tough for a while, we got through it, but I can never forget. I often wonder what my son would have been like, he'd be about 21 now. My daughter is expecting in November, it's kinda hard to hold your breath for nine months. Things will get brighter soon, but you don't have to worry about ever forgeting. Good luck

21. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

even though that child didn't make it to full term, that child still existed and still does exist with god, name your child and when people ask you can tell them he or she was lost before birth but is waiting for you with the Lord. Some people call them embroys or "cells" when God put them together it's life, we understand all the mechanical stuff but the truth is we can't create actual life, and all our explanations can't explain how God lights the spark. Be assured your child is safe. here's a few of my pictures if you feel like doing a memorial to your child gone home,feel free to use them with my blessing. the pictures are huge, i uploaded them as large as i could for resolution, click on any of them for full size. http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/sunsets/

22. firemancooter

firemancooter

Sorry to hear of your loss. I have been there as well. Take care of yourself and the family.

23. Josh it has been a long time ... keep your head up man things will turn around for the best ..

24. Be there for your wife and keep your chin up. Things will get better.

25. AK F100

AK F100
    from Alaska

Josh - Sorry to hear of your family's loss. We have talked via e-mail over the last year. I sent you my phone number and I truely mean it, call if and whenever you may need 24/7.

Take care of you and your own and the rest will fall into place.

God Bless my friend and take care, Rich

26. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I'm terribly sorry and I offer my condolences to you and your wife in this trying time. Though I'm sure it may be difficult, try to focus on the positive; you still have your wife who loves you, and what a hero I'm sure you are to the twins.

Best of luck to you

27. gotra66

gotra66

sorry to hear that. my wife and I went through that a couple of times before our first was born. As everyone has said, one day at a time, and be there for her. That is the worst news a new parent to be can get. You'll be in my prayers!

28. chubbie

chubbie

sorry for your loss

29. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Very touching writing. Nothing that can be said other than I am sorry and will think a prayer from here.

30. Clark

Clark

Best of wishes!!!!!
    Clark