Register now to get rid of these ads!

Osiecki Racing heads for Flathead V8

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 28downunder, Nov 8, 2014.

1. 28downunder

28downunder

Hi, I'm trying to find some more info about a set of heads I have, 24 stud Osiecki racing with forward facing water outlets. I've found a little bit of info about Bob Osiecki and his exploits, who I'm assuming produced these heads.

What I'm after is some more in-depth info about when and where these heads were made, and if he produced any other speed equipment for the flathead ford.

Thanks
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415505521.877314.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Patterns from L&S or Lightning ??? It's in one of Rockerhead's books ...

3. 28downunder

28downunder

As far as I can tell they may have shared the patterns with "Roamer Racing" but I don't have any info about them either apart from that they were based in Atlanta, Georgia.

4. RamJet1

RamJet1

No help on the parts, but I work with his one of his grandsons.
    Cool stuff.

5. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

I had 2 sets of heads; one like the ones that you have and the other set had just a detachable center neck, not the trumpet. The fit and finish quality was quite high. I never knew too much about the man Osieki, but they did appear to share some similar casting traits of a few of the lesser known heads. Great pieces of early rodding.

loudbang likes this.
  6. 28downunder

28downunder

Anyone out there have any further info on these heads?

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

All I know is that Bob Osiecki was a show promoter here in Charlotte, NC and owned a Drag Strip just south in South Carolina. Supposedly he was a Speed Part Rep here and decided to cast his own heads which you have. They are supposed to deal with overheating and lowered temps according to his sales pitch. Very Cool score....

8. Check the HAMB thread "Chester Drag Strip " ..there's tons of info on Bob Osiecki..including links to his history ...and with his "Mad Dog" winged ex-Indy car that set an oval track speed record..Seems there is also a thread concerning his heads and other speed parts , too........Try the "Search" tool...

9. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Bob Osiecki was from Atlanta Georgia and he used the old E&S patterns for his Osiecki heads. He also acquired the flathead intake patterns as well and changed the name to Roamer. I have a pair of Osiecki heads and a pair of E&S Racing heads and the castings are identical except for the names cast on them. I know a guy that has a pair of Chas Caproff Toronto Ontario heads and they are the same as well except for the name.There were a variety of top water outlets made from the single detachable water outlet to the trumpet styles. The SCOT blower made it's appearance about this time and I am assuming that the different upper water outlets were made so that they would clear the SCOT blower or for different racing applications. I also know the man that has the original Hilborn injection setup that Bob Osiecki used on his racing boat. Bob Osiecki was a very interesting fellow with a lot of very interesting flathead history.

10. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

The heads work great for me especially with cooling. The front water outlet osiecki heads will not clear a scot blower without doing modification but I'm not sure about the center outlet osiecki heads which were also available ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416845025.621013.jpg

kidcampbell71 and turboroadster like this.
  11. 28downunder

28downunder

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417250166.404119.jpg

Yeah I can imagine they would help keep a flatty cool, their almost twice as thick as stock and I'm sure they would distribute the flow of coolant more evenly with three outlets.
    Turbo26 yes I have seen those threads, their very interesting and provide some good background info about the man himself. But they don't have any specific info in regards to the production, specifically the date of the heads, which is what I'm after

12. frank spittle

frank spittle

I have a meeting planned with Bob's son Tom Osiecki soon and hope to come away with some more info. But Tom was only 10 when his father passed. He is going to let me go through the memorabilia his late mother kept. He is not sure there is anything new there but we can all hope.
    Thanks Stan for your equal interest in making sure Bob is not forgot. He was truly an amazing gear head.

13. You're welcome, Frank...Osiecki was too much of an innovator,promoter, and a real-deal gearhead to be forgotten..

BTW- It was great to see the "Freight Train" is still alive and well !!
    And the pics of your " son " driving it was a treat....
    Stan

Ronald S. Moore likes this.