Register now to get rid of these ads!

Original Hambers - Cuba

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 Texas, Jun 21, 2009.

1. 56 Texas

56 Texas
    from Texas

2. helmsville

helmsville

great vid! it's hard to believe that a company that built so many great car's could be going broke (-:

3. good old american iron running on russian crap .. they can do some unbelievable stuff though , i seen a vid of a dude making caddy parts by hand ..

4. I was in Havana a few years back (hey, I'm Canadian - we don't have an embargo on Cuba!) and it was cool to see all the old iron running around. Most of it doesn't look as good as the shiny ones in the pics, but it's still cool. Some of them are on coat number 123 for paint (thick!), but still going. I saw a '58 Dodge Custom Royal with dual chrome everything on it that looked really good from 50 feet away, didn't check to see if it was still Mopar under the hood though.

5. senior fried

senior fried

Hey David, Great article, Thanks..... Heres a photo of a HAMB rescue !

Attached Files:

6. chubbie

chubbie

I saw a story on TV how they had to make parts, and doing so is ilegal.. but they all do it. I was blown away with glass /window replacement. In a guys back yard they had hand made metal forms, LP gas tanks, they heated the glass blanks inside the forms till the glass curved to the form. they didn't always fit purfect....