Register now to get rid of these ads!

History original batto trucking crosley

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rd martin, Dec 13, 2013.

1. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

the first original batto trucking crosley has always interested me. does anybody know what the drivetrain was? im talking the first short wheelbase car. with the steel body. thanks for any info guys. always wondered what happened to it.

2. choptop4

choptop4

I think it's still at the yard . I'll look next time Iam over there.

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Johnny Cofer/Ronnie Lennon have the original steel body and have been running it in NE1 nostalgia raceing here on the west coast. They switch between a 'glass bantam body and the steel Crosley. Had it at the MM this year with the Crosley body and nearly destroyed it when the chutes lifted the back of the car during shutdown and got alllllllll crossed up, saved it with just some minor damage.

[​IMG]

4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i have been standing next to the crosley several times at bakersfield and never realized that was the original body from the first car! wow. i should have asked you in the first place bruce! what drivetrain was in the original car?

5. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I could make up a very belivable story to tell you but in reality I never asked or remembered what the story board said.

6. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

thats good! just wondered what it used for power. bruce im putting together alittle chassis research project, seems like everybody else is to, im putting together alittle stroker motor together for it, im planning to run it at my local track alittle. i have a used enderle set up for it, dont know much about it. i have 3 80a pumps for it, is my best bet to send the pumps to enderle to get them cked and flowed, along with the barrel valve? i have 3 shops around chicago area, would you use them or send them to enderle.never had one of those apart before. first timer with mech injection. this is a new chassis, not a rust bucket. thanks

7. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I would send everything as a system to sombody to check out and get a baseline setup.Injection is simple, but others seem to complacate it with a bunch of doodads and such. Enderle is close to me so I can be a little bias, and use them for basic issues, but then I use Gorr for the finnish set up.

8. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i appreciate your opinion. i think you have worked on one or two of these! ha!

9. 296ardun

296ardun

When I saw the original at Bakersfield, maybe '62 (?) it had a blown Buick, Hilborn 2-port...strong runner

10. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

thanks, always liked that original car. just the way it was put together. alot of guys ran crosleys, but back in the day very few took the time to make them look good on a rail chassis.