Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Original ’55 Chevy Delray Club Coupe in Houston

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by mikebarone, May 8, 2019.

1. mikebarone

mikebarone

City: Houston

State: TEXAS!
    Price: $19,500
    55 exterior 1.jpg 55 exterior 3.jpg 55 exterior 5.jpg 55 interior 1.jpg 55 interior 2.jpg 55 interior 4.jpg 55 trunk 1.jpg 55 trunk 2.jpg
    55 engine 1.jpg 55 exterior 2.jpg
    55 engine 2.jpg

Delray was a trim level between the 210 and Bel Air offered from ’54 to ’58. It has a whimsical waffle-pattern door panels and sewn squares on the seats. Door and rear panels are original.

This car is like GM produced it—numbers matching and solid. Drives like it should. Lowered a hair; sits nice. Overdrive is a hoot.

235 I-6, 3-speed overdrive and correct 4.11 diff. Original to the car, I do not believe the engine or trans have been apart.

I did the head 500 miles ago. Carb rebuilt and factor exhaust installed--correct muffler, brackets and distentions.

Diff rebuilt last summer--30 miles ago. Still has the stainless tag. Amazingly, it just needed bearings.

Painted once (20 years ago?), the car has the correct riveted wheels, AM radio and dealer-installed fader. Oil filter was also an option. No other options. Lots of correct details, including ones you can’t see. Pictures, smalls and collectibles add to the fun.

Solid. Doors don't sag, pedals show little wear and feels solid. Tail pain rust pictured--that's it. Save time and money and buy a dry car.

I’ve driven it with a smile for 9 years when I bought from a North Texas HAMBer.

Needs a windshield and passenger window. Really, all glass/rubber. Correct logo glass is readily available.

Suspension rebuilt. Brakes rebuilt. Original master cylinder resleeved. Harrison radiator boiled.

Pictures available if you specify what. Even better – come and see it or send another HAMBer to look and buy with confidence.

I’m selling to finish a Pontiac Trans Am Series clone 303. Hate to do it, but https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hppp-1209-pioneers-of-the-pontiac-v8/ .

Mike Barone

[email protected]

713-203-2483

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. mikebarone

mikebarone

Is this how you B-U-M-P?

3. mikebarone

mikebarone

Daddy needs a new set of 180 degree headers!

4. mikebarone

mikebarone

New! Improved! Lower Priced!

5. mikebarone

mikebarone

Found a great home.

Thanks to all who waned to learn more about it.

Mike

1Nimrod likes this.