Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oregon Hot Rodder Murdered, anyone know him?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom64ford, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Red, I hope your friends get justice and rest in peace

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. Why do people do anything? They think they can get away with it. Look at the newspaper.. okay, nevermind, they're all broke, look at a news website and pick any story and you can apply that to it. Crime, politics, business, whatever.

Hopefully they catch the person responsible for this dead to rights and send them to jail; or better yet have to shoot them in the process of trying to catch them.

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

+1 on that

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

The only question is WHY ??????????????????
    Why would some people end someone else's lives like that ?
    My thoughts & prayers go out to the family , friends and loved ones for their terrible loss .
    RIP friends !

5. Lucky444

Lucky444

Stories like this pop up waaaay too often these days. Most cases the crime is committed by some drugged out loser. Heart goes out to his friends and family. Hope the killer is apprehended and there is some closer for everyone.

6. 56fordbigwindow

56fordbigwindow

RE:
    Myke's shop foreman was a close personal friend of mine. His name often comes up in conversation which inevitably ends with "when are they going to find the person responsible". I know that the people "in the know" can't talk about it, so I browse the net looking for some good word. I came along this cool site and several people mentioned some good words. I never met Myke, but I know he must was a stand up guy if my friend Mike Nelson liked him.

Yea, when you talk about money like that, add in the bad economic times, one's gotta beleive that the business money was the key. This seemed way too personal of an attack by some arbitrary meth head. I can imagine that collecting money is not easy. With those types of sums, I wouldnt doubt some legal action was in process, maybe wage garnishments, .... This cant be that hard to put together.

7. flyingmaori

flyingmaori

stuff like that makes me very angry

8. chopz56

chopz56

To anyone who knew him i'm sorry for your loss,he sounded like a really cool guy!

9. RAY With

RAY With

What a loss of talent. The best that can be hoped for is they catch the ones responsible and keep the family's and frinds in your prayers.

10. A Rodder

A Rodder

UPDATE,
    This is take from this mornings Register Gaurd paper 60 miles south of Salem.

SALEM MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER, AND ARSON

A businessman has been arrested with aggravated murder and arson in the shooting deaths of three associates whose bodies were found in a burning building in march.

Salem police said Friday that they arrested Marty Wendt, 41, in the deaths of Myke Holmes, 70, his girlfriend, Kathleen Schera, 57, and Michael Nelson, 58.

Their bodies were found inside Mykes Custom Rod and Speed Shop in Salem when firefighters responded to calls about the blaze.

I hope that this gives some closure to the family of the victims, I think he will be spending a long long time behind bars.

Wendt is an owner of Majestic metals, which does business with the auto body shop where the victims were found

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

horrible story.
    rip

12. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

13. What a bad deal, and no matter what happens it wont bring them back.

Brad

14. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

How sad ,man that sucks.We had a similar thing happen here in Denver with a hot rod shop a couple years ago. According to the news The Nicerson brothers had a hot rod shop called Two brothers rod shop. While the car was in the shop the customer went to jail without paying the $ owed so the shop sold his parts to make up the diffrence.When he got out of jail he walked in the shop and shot the shop owner and two workers dead. This stuff does happen,it is always wise to be cautious of what is going on around you.You can't trust everyone.I personally know the other brother that wasn't there at the time,it's weard thinking how this could happen to someone you know.RIP you guys! Sorry to hear about the Oregon tragedy.

15. >>>UPDATE<<<

There will be an auction this Saturday and Sunday (Sept 26,27) to sell off cars, parts, tools, and shop equipment, etc. Preview for the auction is tomorrow, Friday, the 25th. As I understand it the cars will go on Sunday.
    The shop is located on the corner of 13th and Cross St S.E., in Salem, Oregon.

16. 21tat

21tat

Damn! That sucks.

17. jangleguy

jangleguy

Sucky, yes. But thanks for the update, just the same.

18. BCR

BCR

That is too bad. I feel for the families.

19. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

They should burn him a little bit every day for the first 90 years!

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Don't worry, his fellow inmates are a judgemental lot...They will be 'pitching', and he will be 'catching'. I'd hate to be in his shoes...he'll have to learn to 'laugh and be gay...'
    Make no mistake. Those guys will not see him as a "badass hero"...He'll be prayin' for hell.

21. howco

howco

I always pack a 40 and w 32 Aqua tips..........any questions, at least I have a fightin chance, just imagine what it would be like watching your lady get cut down and not be able to do anything......pack it people, it's a mans prerogative...
    ...Praying for their family.....

22. gsport

gsport

i actually met mike a couple months before this happened. me and a couple of buddies were looking threw the windows of his shop and his inventory of cars in his fenced lot, on a sunday when he came from across the street and introduced himself. super nice guy, he opened up the shop and showed us around. i was looking for a project vehicle at the time. he sure had some nice cars in all state of finish, more than i could afford.. i did go to the auction but didn't buy anything. there was (i think) something like 130 cars for sale there.... glad they found the scumbag that killed him... RIP Mike....

23. skoh73

skoh73

Glad they caught the coward. Burn the piece of shit alive.

24. russ1403

russ1403

25. Thanks for that update, Dennis. Very, very sad story. My thoughts go out to the families of the deceased......Don.

26. crazyfrog

crazyfrog

i knew him my dad was suposed to be murder too because he would work there for some extra cash he was very nice and kind i i knew him sense i was 7 and im 12 now RIP Mike

27. crazyfrog

crazyfrog

omg i haven't seen a picture of him in 3 years i knew him sense i was 7 and now im 12 i hope they shoot an burn the man who killed him and his girlfriend and employee my dad was suposed to be there when every one was killed

28. Glad your Dad is safe, but how about learning to use some punctuation and capitalization. Leave the texting to your phone, otherwise you'll be 40 yrs. old one day and still writing like a 12 yr. old. Just my rant.

29. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

REALLY!!! A story this tragic and you're gonna pull out your punctuation badge.