Register now to get rid of these ads!

opions wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Terry, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Terry

Terry

Guys, As I get on with the building of my 36 Ford P/U I have been keeping my eye open for a good motor. Thinking all the time of a 283 or 327 type thing. Well today I ran across a 54 235 6 clyinder and it got me to thinking...Why not?

Deck it out with all the goodies, 3 carb set-up. Split exhaust, Some Offy stuff. You know. All this droped into a fenderless 4 inch chopped, 3 inch channeled, Flat black truck with a flat bed and blue wheels, WWs, and blue suspension stuff.

I think it would be cool, but me putting in a six banger! I have always preached the bigger, badder, better. What do ya'll think?

2. du$ty

du$ty

a 6 in a hot rod????...it will never work. [​IMG] 215 ford six in my t...goes down the road pretty good.and i havent even started hopin up....
    6s are cool.lots of goodies for you chebbie guys..lots more than you can get for the 215 223 fords.....and you can get the motors for next to nothing.

3. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I vote yes. Go for it. If for no other reason than to avoid seeing yet another SBC. My uncle had a 37 Chevy sedan with a hot inline 6er in it that sounded (and ran) awesome. It was actually one of the first I6's that I had ever seen as a kid. Rad. I envision six curvy exhaust pipes spilling out of the side of the block and on back/under the car. SWEET.

4. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Some people seem to think you can't build those little 6's..I love'em punched. Do it...There has been alot of good tech around here on them as well. You may have to do a search to get some of the info & tips you may need. But I think you'll be pleased with the outcome. Plus like it was said already,,there is alot of really neat shit for those motors...Keep us posted on the build up..Dirty

5. Put a T5 behind it and have fun.

6. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Dude...that would be WAY cooler than just another small block Chevy rod! [​IMG]

Seriously...I dig hopped sixes myself...go for it! [​IMG]

7. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    a 6 in a hot rod????...it will never work. 215 ford six in my t...goes down the road pretty good.and i havent even started hopin up....

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="green"> LIAR!!!!

I saw your ride. Complete with custom exhaust!

I say do it! </font>

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I don't know how radical your truck is going to be but you might have to do a lot of cutting to get that long engine in the stock Ford engine bay. Just something to think about. A hopped up 6 is way cooler looking than a SBC.

9. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Not to be weird or anything, but why not get a Ford flathead six? They produced enough of 'em (they're everywhere in junkyards up here, usually when I figure there's gonna be a V8, too!) and speed parts were available at one time at least.