Register now to get rid of these ads!

Opinions on these taillights on my car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by purple, Feb 16, 2004.

1. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> I can get a pair of 62 Vette lights cheap and the angle is really close to my car. I of course have been wanting to smooth out the rear and am moving the plate down lower. So, I did a Photoshop to see, and did it with with the plate in 2 different locations. Idaes on the plate too would be cool. Oh, I used a different car because it better matched the anle of the Vette pic, but I put my plate on it. [​IMG] </font>

Attached Files:

2. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Plate location #2. </font>

Attached Files:

3. How about in the 1/4s, maybe a little frenching?

4. your car almost looks like a 49 woody from the back, i'd go with tinbender on this one....try the quarters and up a hair. it looks good where you have them, but give us some more views with the lights in the quarters.....oh, and post a side shot of your ride, i never seen it. i like it.

5. shoebox72

shoebox72

That thing got a Hemi? [​IMG]

Billy

6. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Here is the rear now. stock except bullet Lucas lenses instead of flat. </font>

Attached Files:

7. purple

purple

[ QUOTE ]
    That thing got a Hemi? [​IMG]

Billy

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> I wish! [​IMG]

I think the lights might be too big to look good in the quarters. They would at least end up at an angle, so if I do the quarters it'll be the stock lights tunneled in. </font>

8. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Just resized a better pic of the current look. </font>

Attached Files:

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

I like the lights you have now much better, leave them where they are.
    I would get rid of that licence plate frame, use the bumper from your photo shop, chrome the hinges, shave the emblem and straighten the tip of the exhaust.

10. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> I photoshop made that bumper, but it is similar to the real one I did. I just need to make brackets for it. I want to loose the bulk of the plate for sure, but keeping the chrome frame I had made. I don't know if I should put it down on the bumper or sink it in the lid. The braket it is on now pushes it out and it is too high. I am going to shave the handle and emblem for sure. I like the chrome hinges idea. The exuast tip I will deal with after I get the bumper in place, I will get a better clue where it should exit.

I also had the idea of putting another set of the stock lights below those. </font>

Attached Files:

11. Rocknrod

Rocknrod
    from NC, USA

How about chopping some tri-5 chevy fins/lights into the back...

End up looking like a shortend 57 [​IMG]

12. Spooky

Spooky

I say find a set of '58 Chev Del Ray taillights and use them in a rolled pan, kinda like the Ala Kart.
    What ya think?

13. I like what your doin' -- and I'd vote for Number 2. Consider changing your trunk handle to a push-button or key-lock type, then mounting your plate on one of those spring-loaded hinged brackets they used in the 50s (when the gas filler was behind the plate). That way you could just fold down the plate to open the trunk -- and not have to mess with any electronics. I kinda prefer the stock bumper to that push-bar, too , unless it REALLY had a Hemi. Just my 2 centavos, bitchen' little car!

14. DrJ

DrJ

Photoshop them into the roof just above and outboard of the back window, like on a Citroen...

Make the trunk and fenders completely clean and french the plate way back up under the pan so the intersection red light cameras can't see it but a cop sitting in a car 25 feet behind it can.

15. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Funny, I was gonna put this tube bumper and the 58 Chevy taillights I already have in a roll pan on the gasser truck. [​IMG]

I'm not gonna go with poppers, the floor of the trunk is flat and i can do a latch underneath with no problems.

Citroens, the one thing that bothers me about them is the taillights. [​IMG] </font>

16. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> OK, the Chevy lights and the plate tucked under. </font>

Attached Files: