Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical opinions on NEW stewart warner gauges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackanblue, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Bosch stuff looks pretty god, visually. But they are indeed reborn SunPro stuff!

I used some SunPro (Pep Boys, cheap) gauges a few years back, just to save time and $$ on my F100. No more. Heard SunPro sold, but was shocked the buyer was...BOSCH!
    I worked on German cars too long...now I feel like what the Brits must have felt with Lucas, the 'Prince of Darkness'!

2. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

Mine does that too

3. bchctybob

bchctybob

I too have a box or two of older SW gauges that I got at swap meets but I’ve found that when I go to use them I don’t like the variation in “patina” from gauge to gauge so I end up buying new ones. Perfect examples have gotten very hard to find and very expensive and you don’t know for sure if they work or for how long.
    Why Stewart-Warner? To me nothing else says old hot rod. I tried to use a set of Autometer classic series or whatever they were called but they had red pointers. Nah. On my current car I contacted Classic to restore some 2 5/8 S-Ws and convert an Amp gauge to a Volt gauge, I had just sold a car so I thought, “what the hell, throw some real money at this”. Yikes!! 200 per and 300-500 for the conversion? Hell no. Time for plan B.
    The only late model SW gauge that has failed me was a Wings tach. Like a lot of us, by the time I got the car running and it failed it was 4 or 5 years old, I just bought another one.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app