Register now to get rid of these ads!

Opinion on cast finish Polish or patina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3Kidsnotime, Jan 28, 2013.

1. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

I cast a few parts and I usually finish my parts in a full polish, last night I was working on a new part a hildebrandt guage panel I polished one and I like the look but I was looking at the original one and decided to throw one in the tumbler and I was happy with the finish, I was curious if the general census her thought I should offer these in patina finish?

First is the original (had a hole cut for a light im thinking) then the new one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Well your tumbled part would probably work for me, but I am not sure about your target market. I am thinking that anyone buying a new one would probably like it to look like a new one did when they were still on the speed shop peg boards.

maybe off it both ways and see which one sells the best.

3. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

I have one of those in my truck. Got it off ebay a few years ago from a wonderful old guy. It looked like it was polished at one time, but has some patina for sure. It will stay the way it is for now - kinda old school. I agree with offering it both ways - maybe polish to order if that's the way they want it and you won't have to stock both. :cool:

Attached Files:

4. how do you get away with casting the hildebrandt name in your parts? is it not copyrited? oh, and i want one! PM me please!

5. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

Name for product has no TM, if a part does not have a patent or the name have a TM it is free game I make over 100 parts and have never had a issue, Here is where you search. Thanks

http://www.uspto.gov/patents/process/search/

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I say offer them both ways and ask a bit more for polished. then cheap bastards like me can polish our own and save a few bucks.

7. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

My eelco's I sell for 40 shipped polished, the Hildebrandt will probably be 30 patina 40 polished shipped... I think im going to do a eelco in patina now as well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]