Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Open top A coupes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barbarian, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

Those of you with A coupes - open top, unfilled, big sunroof, whatever you want to call it. Anyone running a snap cover? I'm looking at a coupe body and like this look but would want to take it on and off. Any concerns with it blowing off at highway speed with windows open from the cabin air pressure? I'd love to have the best of both worlds - cover it up when inclement weather rolls in and leave it wide open, maybe even wood bows that can be removed.

Lets hear some feedback and see some pics!

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It would be a bit ugly with the canvas off but you could do like Bobby Russel of Waco did my tonneau cover and put the strip across the front that you slide the lead edge of the fabric in. They stitch a heavy piece of piping in the material and that holds the front then put snaps around the rest.
    This is plastic but he put a similar metal track at the front of my truck bed and slid the lead edge of the cover into it. I could slide the cover out if I needed to use the truck without the cover being on it.
    https://tacomarine.com/canvas-shade-tracks-slides-v25-9632

RMONTY likes this.
  3. pitman

pitman

Make it rigid, stiff, the later part will balloon upward if you don't. I'd subdivide it into hinged ~ 6-8" wide panels, that you could remove, fold up.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020

4. RMONTY

RMONTY

It could be done like the soft tops on Jeeps, and how Mr48 described above. Would look clean if done properly!