Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "Open"(?) invitational (pun intended)...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TTR, Jan 19, 2018.

1. OK, just throwing this out there and apologize for short notice.

Couple of friends & I are attempting to take advantage of the amazing mid-winter weather were experiencing here in SoCal by planning a day drive with our roadsters this Sunday.
    If there's any hard core hot rodders in the Inland Empire or near by communities who might have interest in joining us with theirs, I'm extending an invitation.

Basics:
    - This is NOT an organized PUBLIC EVENT nor show boat parade, but rather just a casual & cool way to spend a day or at least few hours with like minded real (vintage) car guys who enjoy nice, extended scenic drives in their hot rods.
    - We'd like to keep it limited to pre-war hot rods, preferably open cars, but enclosed ones will not be laugh at or excluded just because...:p
    - Route, which can be expected to exceed 100 miles in total driving distance will be announced to participants at start up and may include sections of Freeways, Highways, (twisty) mountain roads (up to 5-6000 ft altitudes ?) and/or surface roads & streets at appropriate speeds so dressing (in layers) and otherwise preparing accordingly with spare fuel, drinks/snacks, etc. is recommended.
    Heck, although I don't think they're needed I'll be carrying chains :D
    - I or nobody will be "responsible" for others, it's every car/driver for themselves, but of course in the event of some unfortunate roadside emergency, assistance will be offered and unless the cars driver/crew insists it themselves (or are deemed beyond help :D), no one will be left behind.
    - General plan is to depart all fueled up from Riverside, CA (exact location provided privately) around 6:00 am, drive couple of hours, stop somewhere along the route for self-pay breakfast or lunch and then drive some more. Brief bathroom, refueling, refreshment or scenic view stops will be accommodated if/when possible.
    - (Relatively) adult behavior is expected. Excessive(?) speeding or similar stupidity exhibitions will not be tolerated. Neither will O/T chase or tag-along vehicles nor pussies or whiners.

If interested, please PM me by 6:00pm Saturday.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sounds cool. Good luck with it.

3. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

So how did the first one go, pics?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. ...........Yeah, c'mon, man, hows about a few pics of the cars and folks who made it last time. It's not "classified" is it?:D;)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been wanting to do something like that in this area once I get one of my rigs back together. Meet here at this time, take off at this time, stop there for eats, maybe hit an interesting spot or two and make it back to the area of the starting point. I think we need more of that with now show and shine, now this that and another just going for a ride with a bit of visiting along the way.

chryslerfan55, TTR and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. driverquality

driverquality

Man I’m jealous! Not that I’m near you or have anything worthy of the drive anyway, but our high temp was single digits today. Currently 0F with a windchill of -15F. Got to live vicariously through others for now. Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

TTR likes this.
  7. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Shoot me a pm next time, I'll probably go with you. I prefer going on drives to doing show & shine type events. I didn't see your thread either time, so shoot me a pm so I won't miss it.

8. Glad youse guys had fun !