Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Open Cars... or Why 9 of 10 women go "TOPLESS"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Really does make a difference...!

Jet96 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Hmmm what does this button do......?????

3. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Topless... Bert-mouron-1932-ford5.jpg Faith%20and%20the%20Deuce%20of%20Spades%2011.jpg hotrodpinup_478.jpg Junkens-32-roadster.jpg 32fordm42.jpg nn.jpg

Nobey, Jet96, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

Same reason why I like to go topless......

In my pony that is... :D:D:oops:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Red heads even ask to ride,with red reflections to match. MarksPicof My rod.jpg

Jet96, Deuces, wingnutz and 1 other person like this.
  6. Chicks dig Roadsters!
    IMG_7912 (2).JPG
    DSC03001 (2).JPG
    DSC03026 (2).JPG

7. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

8. 2935ford

2935ford

I had the great fortune of driving this car. No, Constance Bennett wasn't with me! :)
    [​IMG]

mctim64, Bandit Billy, Jet96 and 2 others like this.
  9. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

10. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-8-6_5-0-29.png The real "Gidget" with her 1951 Buick convertible.
    upload_2018-8-6_5-1-11.png Malibu Point, PCH curbside parking

Hello,
    Topless of another kind: Malibu is one of the premier south swell surf spots in So Cal. But, the girl in the front of the chain link fence loading her board into her Buick convertible is none other than the original “Gidget.” (Kathy Kohner Zuckerman) The movie was about her life at Malibu. For those early times, she became a good surfer, not a "wanna be" surfer. Who doesn’t remember “the Gidget?”

upload_2018-8-6_5-2-34.png

The photo of another Buick convertible was from our great grandma in 1951, driving the same model Buick convertible. Similar in stature, but, she was not a “Gidget.”

She liked cars, was the nicest lady on the planet, she liked me for dating/marrying and taking care of her oldest daughter. We even had a geography class in college together, and had her birthday on the same day as me, but did not surf.

Scenario 1951 Pacoima, CA: A couple of cruising ladies with the top down in a convertible, on a warm So Cal day... Typical driving style from what people see as driving in California. Throw in some palm trees, the beach, and ..."Cause that's how California rolls...yeah"

Jnaki

For someone who grew up in So Cal, my wife still craves a nice looking convertible for our meager stable of cars. But, her thought is, it is nice, but when would we put the top down and drive? (The noise, wind, hot sun bearing down on our heads, etc.) Those all play havoc for the stylish woman driver. The hair styles of the past and present ladies just does not go with the swirling winds, despite those back seat wind blockers. A 29 roadster pickup, 57 Chevy convertible or an M3 convertible? The same story in those styles of hot rods.

One other major factor for young drivers: What about a roll over factor without much protection? Sure, there are roadsters with roll bars and modern cars with Targa Tops, but for the most part, no roll over protection or sun protection while driving down the road. It was one thing that slowed down the factory, production design of the convertibles.

But, it is the “…warm California Sun” that is the draw for convertibles. For some, the convertibles were a convenient application. For others, it was the openness and not being cooped (couped) up in the kitchen. (or a 37 Chevy coupe with three little kids) “Freedom Riders”… of the special kind.
    upload_2018-8-6_5-9-6.png 37 Ford Coupe? and a 52 Chevy 2 door… GGP (Great Grand Pa's cars from the early 50s)

p.s. There is a middle ground for finicky people: a large electric sunroof...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019