Register now to get rid of these ads!

Open Car Guys Headwear

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unkledaddy, Dec 12, 2012.

1. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

2. Pretty cool for winter driving.

3. When I had my roadster the old stocking cap or beanie worked for me,,also keeping the hair cut short helped! HRP

4. Way too Snoopy and the Red Baron.

5. I have a leather skull cap with a chin strap, when the wind catches it I about choke. A knit watch cap works well.

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

not much stays on at 140mph or so....I lost a fairly rare newsboy cap (personalized with "stuff") and who knows how many ball caps - even wearing them backwards doesn't guarantee their retention. Strap would help, but as with Mr Mike Miller, they tend to constrain your throat when air gets into the cap, and they're quite confining in the way they feel anyway. Short hair and a ton of sunscreen along with a really good pair of RayBan Aviators.

7. Thanks for the link. They've got some pretty kool stuff.

8. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

They'll be all the rage until you start seeing a lot of them, and then folks here will start calling them "belly button caps". ;)

9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I prefer my bicorne when driving my roadster, it looks much classier when plucking the yew towards DBs in their Priuses. :eek:

10. Had 1 from them for over 10 years, works great when our runnin dow the interstste.
    Now if I can just figure out how to keep my legs warm I'll B a happy camper

11. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

For $40.00 you can get a real leather repop of Flick's hat from Christmas Story:D

Attached Files:

12. weez

weez

On a long drive I always wear a watch cap even if it's 100 degrees, I value my forehead! (and sunscreen for the rest...)

Newsboy cap works around town, but it's risky keeping it on over 50-

Flying gear seems a little corny, but that's just me :) Probably works well though! who knows-

13. Muttley

Muttley

I prefer to have a roof.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I have a flyers cap that I got as a joke. It's so damn funny, I don't wear it. I looked in the mirror and asked myself what I would think if I saw someone wearing one. Answer... CORNY. If you're not flying a plane you look silly in it.

I have a nice So-Cal beanie and it's the tits. Keeps the head warm and my glasses in place around my ears.

In fair weather, I wear a ballcap and have never had one blow off. If you wear it backwards it'll fly away. Wind curls to the front in a roadster.

15. Muttley

Muttley

Of course, the Flyers suck........you need a Bruins hat if you want to look cool. ;) :D

16. East of DesMoines on I-80 you may find a snap-on baseball cap in the ditch. This is NOT proper headgear while driving a bucket T.

17. weez

weez

My Hallock makes the wind hit me right in the forehead-

I wonder if those spiky-wig/visor things work good in a roadster...

18. Muttley

Muttley

I'd rather have the wind hit me in the forehead. ;)

19. Here's another option from my friends over at MOAL COACHBUILDERS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Moal Hot Rod Hat

[​IMG]
    Moal Goggles

20. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I could go for the Red Baron cap and Snoopy goggles, but wouldn't be caught dead in that scarf, darling.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

My solution. If someone gives you shit, force-choke the shit out of them.

[​IMG]

22. Cymro

Cymro

What's a newsboy cap? I've never heard this before.

23. Cymro

Cymro

Hmm I should have googled this one, It's simply called a Flat cap over here, sometimes known as a stable cap.

24. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I like to drive my roadster (no top, no heater) even in the winter on non-wet days. The cold wind in the face reminds me of an invigorating downhill ski. I layer up head to toe including this Kakadu "Flying Doctor Hat" shown below and on long trips I also wear a hoodie and pull the hood over this hat and tie the hood under my chin. So far it works and keeps me toasty but this is my first winter with this car and I haven't been over 100mph yet.

[​IMG]

25. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

That would get some laughs for sure.

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus