Register now to get rid of these ads!

OOPS now what do I do?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastrnu, Sep 27, 2009.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOVE IT! I just found a reason to go to church!
    LMFAO

2. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Hey, i think a fellow hamber built this, not sure about his name but im pretty sure
    ive seen this in his album on the profile page.
    I'll find him and ask him to chime in.
    I personally think the thing has potential, i remember a few months ago when on graigslist
    someone else posted it here and said it was a bucket of bondo and none wanted it,
    it sure will be a lot of work but dont they always require a lot of work?.
    I like the front, the tailights must be changed togheter w/ wheels and some random
    odd stuff, like adding a front bumper and fixing the doors and roof.
    What i think is the original owner started w/ the right ideas and then maybe
    rushed it off,or maybe wasnt up to the task, or simply was the result of some
    hard bench racing.....
    Keep it! and make it a show stopper!

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I would paint it black.That would make things look smaller And put on some 5 spokes or radir and drive it.It's kinda cool and grows on you .Id like to see more pics.Great conversation peice. Batman's other ride Rear fender needs rethinking ,Front ok from side shot

4. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

I kinda like it.

My vote is a stock bed and use the caddy fins as accents on the rear fenders. Ties the front and back together without being overly radical

good luck

5. it's so bad, it's good

6. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Pretty close. He worked at a local parts store called C.R.A.P cut rate auto parts. He tossed it together for shits and grins. Basically it gave him something to do in the garage. Rather then sittin around and gettin hammered. It was never intended to be a serious build. Just a project to occupy time.

7. Gnashty1

Gnashty1

Putting in narrower taillights will make room for the turbine exhaust in the center.

Play with it. Have fun. Something to drive when the daily isn't in the mood.

Keep us posted.

8. chop&drop

chop&drop

I think his time would have been better used getting hammered.

9. choke

choke

How much do you think it would cost to chop a 39 International PU? I think you got your moneys worth no matter what you do with it. I think it's got that 60's over the top gaudy custom look nailed!!!!

10. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Flake it, change the wheels, redo the grille. Then drive it to some shows and sell it on eGay for 10K.

11. The bed must go, just get any step side type bed you can get cheap. Then try to get the correct International front clip, and drive it. Those Internationals go for cheap and there are lots of them around. it would make a good parts runner/beater

12. Castr8r

Castr8r
    Member Emeritus

Well, ya shit in yer nest, didn't ya! I say leave it alone and drive to serve as a bad example- besides, it'll make all yer other shit look good!

13. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Take it to Arkansas. You'll get a bundle for it!

14. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

its kinda kool take the fins off the bed and do something with the rear finders would help a lot

15. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Change those ugly ass wheels first.I think a decent paint job would actually make it acceptable.

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

did the builder toss the Chevy Luv body? maybe you could put that back on.

17. Nothing a gallon of gas and a match wouldn't fix.

18. Phil1934

Phil1934

Side windows need opening up. preferably raise door tops, but lowering window bottom to body line would work without scrounging another door. Fill in fenders to OD of tires.

19. me too ! the paint scheme is all wrong and makes it look fucked up.

20. RichG

RichG

You got that? I'd been contemplating it every time it came up...I'm kinda sick that way:p I think it'd be a cool custom with just a few changes and some wild paint, but that's just me. Let me know if you get sick of looking at it:D

The back would improve substantially by cutting all that angular crap off the bottom below the taillights and smoothing something rounder down there.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  21. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Heres another shop with my paint program. i cut the door posts off and dropped the window bottom down a bit. i also pulled the front well froward approx 5". I have an extra s_10 frame(complete) a 2.8 with a t-5 out in my storage Van. I have plannty ponies in my other rods i am kinda diggin the mileage i got fartin around in it yesterday.

Attached Files:

22. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i must have used to much ny Quil on my cold i kind of like the ugly ole truck its different ,

23. OLLIN

OLLIN

it needs work, but I agree, it has potential. the caddy fins are whats throwing it off..

sorry i dont have time to do a good one, but heres with a 59 chevy rear. Im sure you could find a 4door in the junk yard and you would already have the lights. It brings the back down a lot.

Attached Files:

24. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe you could claim it as a loss on your taxes???? :D

25. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Simple solution, flat black paint, red wheels, some spiderwebs, lotsa skullz, and Malteese crosses and post it for sale on RatRodsR Us :rolleyes:

26. OLLIN

OLLIN

what about a 50's chevy stepside fenders and maybe bed?

oh and I made the body line on the front fender parallel to the ground..

Attached Files:

27. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

just a quickie both wheels would need to be black tho just didnt wanna paint the other one in microsoft paint takes too long

Attached Files:

28. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

Here's what I would do...
    Can't imagine the fun you will have trying to "fix" it, I say drive it like it is or move it to the next guy. Its not terrible, but trying to make it something you will really be happy with may be hard.
    [​IMG]

29. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I don't know what the hell to think... I like it I think?

I can't wait to see what you do with it, it's got crazy potential.

30. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i like it. put some caddy sombreos on it? call it a experimental caddy pick up. the early chevy rear fenders do look cool on it also. enjoy the hell out of it:D