Spanners had to get the spanners out again. Local racing has been cancelled again because of the 'you know what virus' so I thought I'd do some driveway testing. A couple of spirited runs to check out the new mesh screens I made for the carby intakes. Wasn't happy with them so I deleted them and it made a huge difference. Put the racecar back into the trailer and had arranged to get the certification done in a couple of weeks. When I spoke to the certifier he told me to make sure the kill switch actually killed the engine. Back out to the trailer, fired the car up and found it didn't kill the engine. No excessive revs were used in the testing. Changed the alternator wire and hit the starter. Horrible internal clunk. Changed the starter, wouldn't turn the engine. Rolled the car out of the trailer and into the shed. Pulled the plugs and engine wound over. Plugs back in, hit the starter, it fired and locked. Pulled the sump and everything looked good until I rotated the flywheel by hand. Matching bookends! Good thing it didn't happen at full song. No debris in the sump but due to state wide lock down I can't get another crank ground so I changed out the dead engine and put the spare in. Shit happens.