Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Oopps I did it again...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yule16met, May 13, 2009.

1. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

So I told you guys about my 59 that I bought about a month and a half ago. The first picture is of that truck. And I sold it to fund a new Blown motor for my modified. And today I bought another one!!! This one(the white one) is from california and I scored it for $500!!! I think I am going to buy a lotto ticket!! This thing has one dent on the roof and hardly any rust!! its from California and still has the black plates!!! So heres my new truck. Its a V8 truck BTW!! Im so exited. I had ALOT of sellers remorce after selling the last one. And the HAMBER still hasnt PMed me or called me since he recieved the truck to tell me if he was happy with it. I woulda takin it back in a heart beat!

[​IMG]
    Old betsy... RIP with your new owner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You guys said I should sell the other truck and buy one without the bed trim so I could "ruin it". If this one doesnt sell to fund a 32 roadster project that will take the rest of my life to fund.... I will lower it and put the motor currently in my modified in it and dress it vintage.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Nice score... so I guess lightning does strike twice!!

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, but buyers remorse after selling??

4. skwurl

skwurl

5. what a hoser!:D nice score dude..

6. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

Sorry Doc, I may have been a tad drunk last night! How would you properly translate that to aussie lingo? One of these days I am going to live down under. I hear even the homeless women are hot!

7. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

I always liked the "A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!"

8. Hot Rod Pat

Hot Rod Pat

Awesome find there guy, can't wait to see this one running around. When you picking it up?

9. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

Im picking it up tomorrow. My unit ships out at 6am and then Im going to grab the truck. My buddy mario(the one with the tube bender) just bought an old tow truck so im gonna borrow that. Should be a simple deal if the rear tires will hold air.

10. Hot Rod Pat

Hot Rod Pat

Cool, hope the adventure goes well for ya. I'll come take a look at her next week sometime then.

11. you have a sickness

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice, looks like the new one has a lot of Deluxe trim.

13. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

Nope, the one I sold had all the trim. The white one is the one I just bought.

I picked it up yesterday and its sweet! It isnt as complete as the one I sold but it is solid. No rust through on the floors and little bits of rust through on the corners. The bed is perfect. The drivers door is rotted out by the lowere hinge. But I have a few extra perfect doors. I need a donor roof to fix that large dent. The seat is beautiful just needs a cover. I am building a motor that can handle my blower for the 27 modified so the motor in that will get a quick freshin up and be dropped in here. maybe with a 3 carb setup. I found a few things that I can take off of my parts truck that will make the cost of the parts truck worth it.