Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest One true hot rodder/racers life is cut short and a NHRA hall of Famer in need

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dutched32, Jul 9, 2011.

1. dutched32

dutched32

I will start by adding a letter I recieved Thursday afternoon:

Guys,

I am so sorry to report that Boogie Scott’s son, Bubba died this morning after 9 AM.

Bubba was 44.

Bubba is the one who coked the red beans & rice & boudin’ at my cackle tent at the reunions and at Bonneville.

I attended a party in New Orleans with him last Thursday night. He seemed fine, although Boogie said he was not feeling well.

Next morning he told Boogie he had a hard time breathing.

Boogie took him to the hospital where they said he had a blood clot in his leg that went into his lung.

They put him in Intensive Care on blood thinners. He couldn’t smoke and was on a diet, which Boogie thought was a good thing, as he is overweight, smokes and eats poorly.

We were scheduled to visit him this Friday after he got out of Intensive Care.

Boogie said he was feeling better last night and they talked about getting ready to go to Bonneville when Bubba got home this weekend.

This morning he had a serious stroke and they called Boogie and said that they had revived him, but to come to the hospital as soon as he could. When Boogie got to the hospital, he was gone.

Boogie’s wife died 3 years ago. His daughter died 5 years ago and Boogie adopted her son, Brandon, who is now 17 and lives with Boogie.

Please keep Boogie in your prayers.

Boogie will be 75 in 2 months.

Funeral arraignments not definite yet. Boogie just told me that a coffin is not available. Bubba was over 6 feet and weighed 360.

For you who know Boogie and wish to speak with him, his number is: 985-892-3299.

Sincerely,

Glenn

<INPUT id=atirp type=hidden>

<INPUT id=ReadingPane name=ReadingPane type=hidden><INPUT id=ConversationEnabled name=ConversationEnabled type=hidden><INPUT id=ReturnUrl name=ReturnUrl type=hidden>
    Bubba was his dads (Boogie Scott) right hand ever since he was a kid up until his final days. He was crew cheif for the salt car and his nhra division 4 championship team in the 80's. He was also the only person Boogie would ever have help him with the many dragster chassis he has built over the years and now the nostalgic front engine cars that Boogie has been busy with.
    For those that do not know Boogie he has been racing since the late 50's and was inducted into the NHRA hall of fame a few years ago during speed week at Bonniville where he is also a member of the 200 mph club.He is most known for his fabication skills and chassis building. I was with him yesterday,at the funeral, as he talked about burring his entire family,in fact he mentioned that he layed Bubba to rest exactly 3 years after his beloved wife Judy had passed unexspectedly. Boogie Could use some good thoughts and prayers,and if you know him or knew him maybe give him a call,you will never find anybody that enjoys talking vintage drag racing or hot rods than him
    Thank you,
    Tom Jennings
    dutched32

The two pictures are of Boogies salt car,and his Bantam he raced in the 60's

Attached Files:

2. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Very sad. Prayers for the family.

3. Our thoughts & prayers are with you Boogie once again at this time of loss.