Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects One to Save.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by GordonC, Dec 15, 2020.

1. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Attached Files:

2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

There was a post not too long ago with this car. It is pretty neat, hopefully it gets saved.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Billy Batz and GordonC like this.
  3. Sporty45

Sporty45

Would make a nice ride. Bummer there's no title :(

GordonC likes this.
  4. Boy that's tempting, had a '52 hardtop in high school and this one is close........................

GordonC likes this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw that somewhere else the other day. I rode a lot of miles in the back seat of one that had had a 312 put in it in the late 50's. I've liked that body style ever since.

It's not too hard to walk one through inspection to get a title here but 1800 miles of winter driving over several passes towing a trailer each way sure doesn't sound like fun right now though .

VANDENPLAS and GordonC like this.
  6. 50 Merc Man

50 Merc Man

GordonC likes this.
  7. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

The ad says, "This car was purchased new in '52 and owned by the same gentleman since." If that is in fact the case it should still be titled in his name, so you'd think he could simply apply for a fresh piece of paper.

VANDENPLAS, 51 BIRD and GordonC like this.
  8. Sporty45

Sporty45

If it were me selling it I know I would certainly look into doing just that. It would make selling it so much easier!

40FORDPU and 51 BIRD like this.
  9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Or just get a bonded title but I personally won't buy a no title or bonded title car.
    Some guys don't care and some states are really lax about that with a Bill or Sale only is ok.

Clean - legal paper the only way to go.

10. That car is owned by a friend and HAMBer George Gordon @G V Gordon . I talked to him about it and would love to stuff it in the corner of the shop to bring it back like it was once was when I get some other projects out of the way. Getting a title in OK still isn't that big of a deal so far. However, timing is just not good for me right now... That car would make someone a great start to a mild custom.

11. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is nothing wrong with a bonded title. Works the same as a regular title to show ownership.

Kato Kings likes this.
  12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Love the look of that car...a true Old School that commands saving !

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Thanks Jeff! It needs a home so anyone who is interested pm me. Would love to see it get a second lease on life.

Sent from my SM-A516U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ffr1222k and guthriesmith like this.
  14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Who told you that ?
    A Bonded Title does not work the same as a Regular Title.
    A Bonded Title only shows current ownership for a lost title or possible stolen vehicle.
    Bonded Title is to protect the State from a lawsuit if the State Transferred the Title of a car that was previously stolen.

If you have a Bonded title of a stolen vehicle and the previous owner still has the previous ownership title - can prove the car was stolen - THEY legally can claim ownership of the car and YOU'RE SCREWED - you get nothing.

Some states a Bonded Title is for 3 years - others 5 years.

So tell me again how again you believe a Bonded Title and Regular Title you think are the same ?

15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Likely if the car was owned by the same person since new in 1952, he's not with us anymore. If there's a surviving family member they could give you a bill of sale, and a copy of his death certificate, and a title could be issued without any strings attached.
    This car looks like one that's well worth saving, if you enjoy early 50's Fords. Being the first year for this body it's one I prefer over the earlier shoebox Fords.

16. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not a big fan of '52-54 Fords...but that one has a great look. I'd build it.

17. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

It's pretty cool looking. The right colors and it would look nice. Lippy

18. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a bonded title through my state and I can do anything with it a regular title can do. Does it have a 3 year bond on it yes, which I paid for so anybody I sell to has nothing to do but sign the document and use it just like any other one. After the 3 year period the bond comes off and it becomes a regular title.

Edit: I know I don't need to worry about using the document because the vehicle only became a vehicle when I followed the states process to title it. Nobody is going to show up claiming it is their's as it was nothing but parts before that.

19. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

We both know what I was referring to as far as a Bonded Title.
    If anyone that was a previous owner had the car stolen and re-titled - they have rightful claim to the vehicle and who ever is in possession of - is screwed - car goes back to the original last titles owner.

20. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I am saying is that it wouldn't bother me if a car had a bonded title. There are a multitude of legitimate reasons it may have been titled that way. Your feeling obviously is that if its bonded then its somehow shady and to be steered away from. So be it. I can disagree with you and still respect your opinion.

At least we agree that a clean clear title on a vehicle is preferable if at all possible.

21. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bonded titles figure 99% of the time no issues.
    Just the 1% can cost you what you thought was your car - that's all I'm saying.
    While slight - is still a risk.

The oh crap factor would go up with the value as well.

GordonC and VANDENPLAS like this.
  22. gene-koning

gene-koning

I've done bonded titles before. Here in IL, the state requires the police to run the numbers through the National Data Base, 3 different times. If it was stolen anywhere in the USA, it would have shown up in one of those searches, stolen cars do not drop off the National Data Base. If the numbers show the car was ever stolen, the state would have come and confiscated the car and would not have issued the bonded title.
    In IL, a bonded title is not branded. After 3 years, the bonded title becomes the real title, any previous owners have no recourse.
    Iowa may be different. Gene

GordonC likes this.
  23. Mike King

Mike King

Projects like this are always a lot of work but bring a lot of reward.

guthriesmith and Okie Pete like this.
  24. Nice car.I don't know anything about bonded titles.I do know a thing or two about regular titles.My mom had cancer and she knew that she was going to pass.She had a little trailblazer.We went down and had the title switched in my name because she knew how shady her roommate was.Long story short I couldn't get the vehicle I was the one that had the cops called on me I was told that I couldn't do nothing unless I brought him to court and I was still responsible if this vehicle had no insurance and he wrecked it.I went to court and got the vehicle.Not implying that this vehicle is stolen but what if some one sees it on a trailer and recognised it as relatives vehicle and does the nessasary legal stuff to gain it back.

25. Joel W

Joel W

I may be wrong, my understanding was Iowa bonded title is for 3 years, then turns into a regular title. If someone claims the vehicle in the 3 year time period, they get the bond money. Maybe I have it all wrong? I have some of bonded titles and some regular. You are right on a high value car, would affect value more.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using The H.A.M.B. mobile app