Register now to get rid of these ads!

One thing leads to another...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasolinescream, Dec 20, 2011.

1. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Sure folks have been there many times. One simple mod you want to do has a knock on, chain reaction throughout your car. All i wanted was a lower car and put some nice tires and rims on it and now its costing more than i paid for the car and the real mods haven't even started yet:eek: So much for keeping it stock! Really need to stop searching posts on the HAMB,it's dangerous to your wallet and your car when your into mild kustoms.

Anyone else made that "one mod", chain reaction lately?

2. Gator

Gator

Yep, I was gonna 'scuff and shoot' my '33 Plymouth. Now it's in a million pieces and stripped to bare metal. Worst part is I bought another project and have lost interest in this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Well I guess it counts as lately as it has never stopped in my entire life. Even m little tings I did to my peddle car and later my bicycle snow balled.

Such is life I guess.

4. Willy301

Willy301

Wish I could afford to buy your lost interest mobile, I would love to build something like that!

5. Big Nick

Big Nick

I had to fix a bed mount
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. When my son was 10, he wondered what my 36 truck would look like with-out fenders. Now 8 years later he wonders what it is going to look like when it is all put back together ! Mind you, this WAS a very nice 36 Chevy HotRod pick-up, I cant honestly say why it got all apart except that it was looking like a long cold winter with nothing else to do. Hopefully I can get it done by spring time so he can drive it, he's 18 now. Boy does time fly, at least he is learning how to work on cars. Mitch.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

There is a name for this afliction you are eluding to...it's called Creeping Elegance. It's like a cancer, once it starts, you can't stop it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. squirrel

squirrel

I've figured out how to avoid the problem on a few projects, sort of...but yeah, it's just a normal thing. After a while you learn how to make more realistic estimates of how long a job will take, and how much it will cost--and it involves adding zeros to your original estimate

9. As much as I've always wanted a chopped shoebox, the original reason for pulling it into the shop in the first place was to make one piece rear windows and get rid of those rear vents.

This lead to "well I really should replace ALL of these old windows while I'm here...no interior in the car, we should just brace it up while we can and chop it." One or two hamb threads later to find out how the hell we should do that, and here we are....

Oh and the temporary red primer paint, started with ONE can to see "what this color would look like on a small spot of the car. An hour later and 16 more cans, and we had no doubt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lo c dan likes this.

10. I got one in the garage right now that I was going to bolt a small block in a quicky primer job and some sleeping bags to cover the seats. Then the wife took my seats to fat luckys. Now it is a full on project, still fun because i like to build but I just don't move very fast. maybe in another year or two???