Register now to get rid of these ads!

one shot paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by screwball, Jun 24, 2005.

1. screwball

screwball

if one shot is stored properly(lid on air tight) how long will it last I have a chance to buy 30 cans for 5.00 but will it be good after 20 years of storage.

2. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Your rolling the dice on that one but it usualy forms it own skin and seals itself up. I use a sheet metal screw in the lid and just squeeze out what I need. That way there is no dealing with the skin and loss of alot of paint.

3. If the cans are full,most colors will last a long time.

White is the only color that really used to harden in the can,
    without being open.

Is this someones personal stash,or is a store clearing out their inventory ?

4. The old stuff covers a LOT better than the new stuff.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5 bucks each?? I'd probally pass.

5 bucks for the whole deal? Hell yea.

You won't really know till you get em home...

Good luck, -Abone.

6. Hell, $5 each for pints or larger is still a good deal for most colors, I think. I'm not positive, though, since I usually buy Qts.

7. screwball

screwball

5.00 for all I have it put away at a garage sale for me to pick up just wanted to get a feeling on how long it will last. If you shake the cans thay sound like liquid so ill take the gamble its only five bucks.

8. Yellow cans or white? the white are One Shot poster paint, which isn't suitable for outdoor use. The only white can that is for outdoor use, is the white lettering enamel. Something to consider, although for $5, you really can't go wrong. I wish I would find a yard sale like that. :eek:

9. Yellow cans are enamel,like Professor Dan said.

If they sound liquid,then they should still be good.

Wanna sell some ?

10. DrJ

DrJ

I've got a can of red that I bought in the late 70's that's still useable.
    (I don't do much One Shot stuff.....)

11. I just found a can I bought in High school, 1986. It is just like the day I sealed it up.

12. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

if your gonna store it for 20 years,why not just pass it on to someone that will put it to good use.

13. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey, if this One Shot was produced with in the last couple of years
    don't look for it to hold up any thing like the early stuff. By federal law
    they have been yankin' the lead out of most paints. The lead was what
    allowed this stuff to cover so well, even the reds and yellows. If this stuff
    was formulated for sale in New York or Califorinia, two of the toughest smog
    law states in the country, don't look for much!

Pimpin' Paint

14. If they still sound like there's liquid inside, then go for it. Even if only about half are still usable, you still have yourself one hell of a score.

15. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

id pass and give me the guys address so i can hit it with the new kafka brushes i got ...naw just kiddin its just five bucks skip a pack of smokes and your good........p.s buy the kafka brushes though!!! alot better than macks

16. screwball

screwball

Im going to pick them up today thay are all enamel and most are yellow cans. Pay the price take your chances. All I have to do now is learn to stripe practice practice practice but I got paint.