Register now to get rid of these ads!

One piece w/shield for 50 Buick Sedanette ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **MCQUEEN**, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Anyone know for sure exactly what model/year/part# one piece windshield fits a 50 Buick Sedanette (46S) ?

There are 2 or 3 one-pc. windshields listed for 50 Buick, but not sure which one & what gasket will fit. I've seen several of them with one-pc. w/shields, unchopped with unmodified openings.

Mine does not have the stainless or any trim around the w/s, just the rubber gasket.

I talked to 2 antique glass guys here on the hamb and searched old posts & can't nail it down for sure. Thanks in advance. Brian

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scotch

Scotch

My '50 Buick Super came with 1-piece glass. The Special came with 2-piece glass.

Just order glass for a Super...

~Scotch~

3. Buick doesn't cross with other GM cars and I don't remember a one piece with square corners on the top outside.
    the 2 piece 50 buick show a different block size (doesn't always mean anything
    2 piece 50 Buick DW-130, DW-131
    1 piece 50 buick DW-141
    51-52 special sedanette shows a one piece being DW141 also, I check the warehouse in the morning and see if I can get actual mesurements

4. Thank you. I appreciate it.

I actually like the 2 piece, but $380.00 for both pieces and $225.00 for the gasket is hard to take.

Thanks again for any help.

Brian

5. 1157eagle

1157eagle
    from Michigan

I own a 1950 Buick Riviera Super (2dr HT) that i would like Hot Rod and install on a more modern chassis and drive train. Does anybody know what would be a good fit that would minimize a lot of torch, cut and weld?

6. the only ones that came with a 2 piece is the special all others where 1 piece. i had a 56s (super sedanette) and spent years collecting parts. the specials most likely didn't have any trim around the windows (front or rear) because it was an option, all had square corners and i believe the windshield were the same size just the gasket was different for the trim. also the early 1950 model had the hood release in the rear porthole and the late 1950 model had the hood cables inside the car. man i miss that buck tooth grin........and i just sold my last steering wheel for a '50 about a year ago.

7. Kartsa

Kartsa
    from FINLAND

I know this car and the owner has rounded the upper corners.
    Specials had two piece and rest one piece.