Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

One Owner un-Molested Well kept Virgin;

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Pist-n-Broke, Aug 23, 2015.

1. City: Vancouver

State: Washington
    Price: $21,500.oo
    This car is Screaming for a Watson treatment, a set of Astro Supremes and someone to just keep driving it. How often do you find a One Owner un-restored car that is mechanically fresh all the way around?
    I received custody of this 59 Galaxie-Fairlane 2d ht, the only year one body got two model names, in 2007. It hadn't been regularly driven since 1978 though it was kept running until 1986. At that time (2007) it had 70512 documented miles on the odometer. Making it Run again was no big deal. Getting it into good reliable driving condition was another story.
    The Fuel system was a mess. The tank was removed and cleaned. A new float was put on the stock sender unit. A new fuel pump was installed and an in line filter was added. The stock non filter line was kept rather than cut for the sake of the All Stock curse. Then the Carb was rebuilt witch also required a new float.
    The water pump leaked pretty good so a rebuilt one was installed.
    Now it ran real good and could be driven. Didn't stop so good so a complete brake job was next.
    New wheel cyl's. on all 4 corners as well as shoes and drums. Next was a New master cyl and rubber hoses.
    While the wheels were off, New wheel bearings and seals went on all 4 corners also.
    First road trip was about 20 miles and I was keeping my fingers crossed I'd get home without needing a stretcher (roll back). The trans wasn't sure what gear it wanted to stay in or if it was going to at all. I also noted a little heat issue while driving and once home some Green stuff collected under the car. Soft plugs needed to be done along with the Trans. I did a leak down test and things were between 6 and 10 percent so I knew the motor was tight enough. I made the decision to remove Motor and trans together. I sent the trans to my Guy and it came back new as day one along with a new converter. While the trans was away I removed all soft plugs and water pump, turned the motor upside down on a motor stand and power washed the water jacket out till the water ran clear.
    Next I removed the pan and timing cover, changed front and rear seals, cleaned the Oil Pump pick up screen and installed a new timing chain. While there I plastic gauged the Rod and Main bearings and found them still in Factory spec.
    I then turned the Motor back up and installed new Valve Guide seals. Some fresh paint and it looks like new though the Heads were never removed.
    The motor compartment was washed down with Simple Green and the motor and trans went back in place. Both front motor mounts and the Trans mount were replaced.
    Next was a trip on the Trailer to get all New Exhaust put on. That would of course be Dual Exhaust as it was when New in 1959.
    I sent the Rad to be flushed and tested and it ended up getting a new core. I went further with a new Heater core and control valve.
    The 58/59 only Temp sender receiver was in very poor shape and it took almost a year to find a New Old Stock part to replace it with.
    The power steering pump was nasty so it got rebuilt along with the assist ram on the center link.
    Gen got new brushes and end bearings along with all belts and hoses.
    The Old Car Oder was finally getting to me as we drove it some so new Cotton and Foam was put in without doing any actual Upholstery work. It's still all stock to look at, just like day One. Carpets and Headliner are original to the car also.
    Now don't get confused. This car was "NOT" restored. It got the service and maintenance that it needed with an Eye to keeping it correct in every way possible and selling it was never in the picture. I have several other Toys and the 59 seems to just sit.
    It now has 78883 miles on it meaning it averaged 1K miles a year since coming here.
    No other Family members want to inherit this Fine 59 so it's up for Sale. The sale must be a Bank to Bank transfer into the estate trust fund. No cash. No checks, No money Order. Just Bank to Bank transfer. The Title of course is clear.
    The motor is 352 with 4 bbl. carb. Crusomatic trans. Power steering. Manual brakes. All gauges and Spedo work. It has never been wrecked in any way. The color is Aztec Gold and White. From the Factory the car was solid White with the Gold being added at Gardner Ford dealership prior to New owner taking delivery.
    If I were going to drive this car Coast to Coast the only thing I'd do is put a fresh set of Tires on it. Currently the tires are very good tread but it would be about the Age thing for me.
    Contact me through P.M. if interested

Attached Files:

haring likes this.
  2. Open to offers. Worst I can say is no thanks.

3. Can you start with a Hulk and make it this nice for less $$$ ?

4. I'm getting into the Holiday spirit. New lower price. $18,500.oo. You won't find a nicer 59 Stocker.

5. Time to think about next Spring. Open to Offers.

6. Fly in to P.D.X. and drive it home. No need for shipping. You'll be very Proud of your new addition.
    The Wizzard