Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical One of the drawbacks of old parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trollst, Aug 7, 2019.

1. trollst

trollst

So....on my roadster pickup, it's powered by a ford ranger 2.3 overhead cam four cylinder, 86 vintage. Alternator is 93 ish, distributor is early 90 ish, carb is ford rebuild, unknown vintage. Engine fan was a real nice clutch driven plastic job that sucked a ton of air......till the blades started to break off, I guess forty years of pulling air was enough. Well, I thought it was made of plastic, but...turns out it's made of unobtanium and not available anymore.
    So....ingenuity kicks in, and root through the useless junk pile, got some stuff, call a buddy, root through his pile and voila, a solution is cobbled up, I even went to the local parts house and purchased new bolts to make sure it was gonna work.
    Got a five blade aftermarket high tech looking , flattens out with rpm shiny beauty on there now, just waiting for the blade to come though the hood at 6000 rpm, but for now it keeps me on the road. Ahhhh hot rodding..... DSC07263.JPG

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

3. alchemy

alchemy

Anything made of plastic is not "old parts". Try finding a fan for a 32 Ford. You would have to root through piles from here to eternity to find one.

4. dwollam

dwollam

No pics of the fan(s)?

Dave

5. Heep your shop rags away from the wood stove:eek:

WB69 likes this.
  6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That is a sweet little car you have there!! :cool:

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

trollst, when was that picture taken. There's no way you're running you stove at this time of the year!

trollst likes this.
  8. trollst

trollst

Last winter, and yes, later today I'll post some pics. The rags are far from the stove, its all camera angle, I love my shop too much to burn it down.