Register now to get rid of these ads!

ONE OF PORTLAND/VANCOUVERS best cruises?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48_HEMI, May 20, 2004.

1. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

BEACHES Restuarnt on the columbia river started a weekly cruise about six years ago. It was mostly a gold chainer event but had a full bar and a great bar-b-que. Quickly outgrew their parking. then moved to and old airport museum added live music and outgrew that. This year they moved to Portlant International Raceway and added 1/8 mile drags (at ten dollars per run (going to charity) sounds like goldchainer prices till you think about it. It is not a race event it just lets you do a legal smoky burnout and grab some gears then go back and grab some beers. the food is always good and with live music and a spot they can't grow out of. I wish I'd have thought of it.
    EVERY WED. 4 till dusk [​IMG]
    They do charge admission and its restricted to pre 73 except for any year vette, vipers, or big buck unique rides! sounds like all gold chainers are welcome. but I'll bet that our parking area will draw the biggest crowds and make the most noise and have the most fun! leave your ice chests home and bring money! [​IMG] the food is great and reasonable [​IMG]

2. dondanno

dondanno

Jim do they charge you to bring your car in? I have lived 8 years now and have yet to go to it. I hear from a lot of people say the same thing its a lot O fun...Danny

3. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

when does it start? Or is it going already?

4. I went to BEACHES in 96. I was staying in Portland that year. Drove my Roadster there, along with four or five friends and there cars. We had a great time. Dean

5. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

Post deleted by snapper

6. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Danny yeah it's 3 bucks a car including everyone in the car. anyone without a pre73 is 5 bucks a person bikes are welcome.

Snapper, I'll check you out. thats the air field that Beaches was at last year? why did you pick the same night? I'll sure check it out, what do have going on besides parking on the grass?
    Trust me I have no a connections to the beaches other than having a great time and resonable food and drinks and rock n roll bands big give away drawings and now the drag strip to have some fun and make some mun. [​IMG] HEY! DOES THAT THING HAVE A HEMI
    if they don't do a tech I might be legal [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Iceberg

Iceberg

I went this last Wednesday and had a great time for $3. They had a good band, gave away lots of cool stuff, and the food was good. There was probably about a 100 cars there not counting the drag racers. Not a lot of traditional stuff was there, however one of the Tyrod's showed up w/ a very cool red flathead powered roadster pickup "Cherry Bomb". It should be a great gathering later this summer when it starts getting really hot since they are having it next to the shade trees. I sure like the location much better than at the airport. As an added bonus, last year they charged $8 to watch the Wednesday night drag races and now it's only $3 with a car show thrown in. I'm going to try the show at Pearson's next Wednesday and see how that gathering is. Besides, it's nice to stay on the Washington side of the DMZ!

Danny, are you going to be able to run your rail at PIR this year?

8. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Hey Ice I might try to make it myself. and at the strip don't be scared of my Hemi its all chrome and no go. need a sundial to clock it (kind of like Rocky's old Rambler) [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. dondanno

dondanno

Berg the rpu belongs to Joyce aka Hotrodlandy. I do not know about PIR yet, we will be at Woodburn for the Hot Rod Nationals June 26th I believe is the date. I will try and make it to Pir next Wensday.Thanks for the info hemi..Danny