Register now to get rid of these ads!

One of my favorites on that one site!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luciomduran, Jun 2, 2010.

1. luciomduran

luciomduran

Saw this for sale this morning. I saw this car in person and it is so awesome. If I only had the cash:

Originally "Hot Rodded" in 1948, this all Henry Ford Steel roadster ran the streets around L.A. California as a channeled and fenderless "low-boy", with an Auburn dash and a sooped up flat head engine. An aluminum track-nose and hood assembly was hand fabricated by master craftsman Art Ingels and added to the roadster to provide it with a sleek "Lakester" appearance for racing and time trials. In 1956 the car was purchased by a member of the Grinders car club out of Washington state and moved to Seattle. During it's life there it went through a complete rebuild which included the addition of "bobbed" fenders, front and rear to assist with the Seattle rain. The flat head was replaced with a 1955 Corvette 265ci V-8 and new '58 Vette heads. Among numerous other additions, a complete white tuck 'n roll interior was stitched and chrome nerf bars and a rollbar were added... the roadster was then painted Buick Lido Lavender. During this time the car was driven daily and often displayed in northwest car shows, with great success. It achieved magazine status including a feature article in the Feb. 1961 edition of Hot Rod Magazine. It also appeared in 1961 NorthWest Rod News, 1965 Car Craft Magazine and 1972 Street Rod Magazine. Historical items including photographs, copies of vintage magazines and car show programs are included with this auction.

In 2004 the roadster was removed from storage, where it had lived for approxamently 40 years, and underwent a four year pain staking professional restoration. Attention to period correctness was foremost during the restoration of this true vintage hot rod and the car was restored to it's height of glory. Approximately 95% of the roadsters original parts were inspected for safety then rebuilt, refinished, re-chromed and reused for this restoration. Since completed the roadster has been featured in Rod & Custom Magazine, 'Ol Skool Rodz, Traditional Rod and Kulture, Rolls and Pleats as well as on the TV show, My Classic Car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Yep, I agree, very cool car! I saw it on there today as well.