Register now to get rid of these ads!

History One Man's Collection

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Stan Back, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Here's one of my friend's car collection in about 1970. Care to guess what the red one was? Or the other three?

Attached Files:

2. Is the red one a 1941 Studebaker coupe? The others look like from left to right: 1930 Cadillac sedan or limousine, 1934 Ford sedan delivery and 1928-29 Model A roadster.

Stogy likes this.
  3. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Sharp eye for a dull photo.

4. Was I close?

5. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it's dang sure not a 41-48 Ford, it looks smaller than the 34 despite being closer to the camera. Volvo?

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'd say the red was Merc.

7. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

I think 32 Dodger has the prize.

8. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Me, too -- best to my remembrance.

Just a visual about not getting caught up in just one model, one era, one make.

The Cad was cool. Coming out of the beer joint, open the door -- a light shone on the running board. Not unusual for a 30s luxury car, but cool. The Study had an Olds in it. And a chopped top. And 55 Chevy headlight fixtures, and more.

I had the roadster for a week or two when he went to crew on a Funny Car there. It didn't bang, always started, stopped on a dime, was real quiet, road like a real car. I gave up on it in a few days.

Charles Morse and I were drafted on the same day and spent the flight to Texas together -- and the bus ride to Louisiana. He was one-of-a-kind, an artisan that I'm sure many in Southern California appreciated and remember.