Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods One in a Million Shot, find my old Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Sep 16, 2008.

1. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

vin numbers? anything else?
    Good Luck

2. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Wayne's Drive In in Cedarburg has a cruise every Thursday night and a lot of old rods show up. This might be the place to ask around. I won't be able to go tonight but I'll try to go next week with a copy of your pictures.

I was there last year with my neighbor when he spotted a Model A sedan he owned back in the '70s. It was painted a different color but he knew it was his old car because the roof cut the same way he did it and there were other details he recognized. He found the owner and was able to trace the lineage back to the guy he sold it to.

3. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

Bob,

Do you have the license plate number from the year you owned it? You might be able to back track it to the vin number. I didn't see a plate on any of the posted pictures.

Good luck.

4. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

Bob,
    Another thought: Can the DMV look up the vin numbers of all of vehicles you owned?

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I have searched everywhere and do not have the vin or plate number and Wisconsin says that there are no records on cars that old.

B:(B

6. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Those holes in the firewall for the 2 vacumn gauges are your ace in the hole . Someone will remember seeing them some place. That car was still pretty stock otherwise. Some Early Ford V8 Club guy could have restored that one in the '70's very easy. That was pretty common then. It might still be around that Wis. area but not as a hot rod any longer. Good luck ,keep lookiing.

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Another month gone by and a whole bunch of new members that haven't seen this post yet. Plus maybe some old guys that didn't see it the first time.

B:)B

8. I hope it turns up Bob.

9. Bob even i will keep an eye out for it, for an old fart like you. Seeing i'm in Milwaukee i'll start asking around. What do i get if i find it and what size holesaw will i need for the holes? Scruffy

10. jangleguy

jangleguy

Bob: I really believe this can happen. It might take some more time though...
    Tomorrow I'll be talking with my friend Dr. Lockjaw, who is an absolute '39 coupe freak (he had one and never got over it). If yours made its way out west, Doc will know about it. Wish me luck...

11. Good luck Bob,I hope you find it!

12. jangleguy

jangleguy

Well Bob, I finally spoke with Dr. Lockjaw and he can't remember seeing anything like that around here. Depending how good a job was done filling those vacume gauge holes, it could be impossible to notice now. But I'm not a giver-upper and will be looking at every '39 coupe I come across, here in the northwest.
    Hope you don't give up either - it'll happen if it's meant to...
    Scotty

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I hope you find the ol gal.

14. jonnycola

jonnycola

I'm thinking if you dont find it, you should build a clone of it.

But lets make it 12 volt this time.

15. Modeler Teysik

Modeler Teysik

It seems there's a lot of luck around the hamb so hopefully it rubs off on you.

16. send it to me via PM and I will search all the states with the public data account I have.

17. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

If the car ended up in a state like PA and was reconstructed and issued a new VIN and reconstructed title, then it will be hard to find. The VIN on record would be and entirely new one issued by the state.

18. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

BTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B:)b

19. 62ironhead

62ironhead

Let's get this back up top for Bob!

20. I can almost relate to what your going thru. I wanted mine back for years and finaly got it. But i knew where it was for the last 25 yrs. So it's not the same realy. Actually, these days, i don't even have an interest in starting a new project. There are a few of mine i'd like back which turns my crank more than a new project.
    Wish you luck in your quest.

Maybe a 'Wanted Dead or Alive' Sticky thread would be a good idea. Keep thinks on top

21. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

22. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

23. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

It's been 6 months, lots of new guy's on here.

[​IMG]

B:)B

24. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Bump for the weekend crew

b:)b

25. rusty28a

rusty28a

my garage has two cars in it that I used to own and bought back. Back to the top!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  26. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Bob I ,ll keep a eye over here and around ..............geez you had a ford..gord

27. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

a worthy quest for sure....I hope fervently that it didn't get hauled off as unwanted tin. I won't expound on a similar experience of my own - as it's a long story - but keep the faith, Bob...someone somewhere will know something.

dj

28. spudz

spudz

29. Jake H.

Jake H.

I'll keep my eyes peeled out here in the Rain State. I look at pretty much every '39 and '40 Ford that is humanly possible...

30. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

sorry for high jacking but what really sucks is when you know where your first hot rod is and they wont sell it to you , just to be spiteful. my dad had a roadster he bought when he was 15 later he got married sold it to his best friend and he has had it ever since and just lets it sit out in the yard rotting away. my dad moved to Cal in the sixty's and lost contact. some years back he found out where he lived and that he still had it and ever since then we go by every now and then and he says nope my son is gonna restore it. the damn thing is just a rusty shell sitting on a bare frame.