Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods One in a Million Shot, find my old Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

If you have the VIN, you could check to see its last registered owner. Good luck B:)B!

2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

How would one check the vin number for last registered owner?

3. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Neat old pics. Good luck!

4. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Doesn't help, but might offer some hope... A couple years ago a '36 Chevy I sold in the early 70's turned up on eBay. I now have a picture of myself standing next to my first car, 35 years after I sold it. Given the chance to get it back I decided I'd made the right choice when I sold it years ago.

5. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Maybe you could pull a carfax on the vin# and see what it shows?

At any rate, btt

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Thanks Guy's, I don't have any papers or other documents that have the vin number on them or I would have tried to search that way.

All of that stuff got lost when my folks moved while I was in the Marines, I had some other pictures also but sadly those are gone also.

I only drove that car for one year before I had to sell it.

B:DB

7. DRD57

DRD57

That would probably be OK with him. He already has one pink car. :D:D:D

8. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Bob, good luck with your search. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

JohnN

PS - You going to SEMA this year???

9. Toqwik

Toqwik

Maybe call your insurance compnay, long shot but might have the vin number somewhere in your old records.

10. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

I checked with the Rich Bickle in Edgerton, it's not a '39 - he has a '40 from Iowa.

11. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Check with the state? I am almost 100% sure in Ohio they have a record of all VINs you've ever had registered in your name.

Good luck, I so hope you find it! :D

12. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Bob, as far as my father can remember it was down around Fayette and Argyle Wisconsin. He doesn't remember any of the details of the car but does remember it being down around that area. If there are any hambers in that area they might check around because the towns are not big. My advice would be to have someone in the area post a notice with pics at the school district bus barn or county mainteneace shop. Those old cheeseheads know where everything is at and typically have been at that same job for many years.
    Good luck and I hope something shakes loose for you.

13. Do you know the name of the guy you sold it to?

14. FWIW, Carfax is no good before 1981; and it's not too likely the insurance company has records from the 1950s somewhere. It's not that likely the DMV would, either, for example in New York they dump that info out of the computers after 7 years of inactivity and the only thing on record is anything that was reported stolen - which is kept in Albany and someone has to look it up, it's either still hard copy or a closed computer system. I have to think most states that went to computers as computer systems evolved they only would transfer over X number of years of records, first to the computer, then to each progressive generation of machines.

So having the serial from this car is only going to be able to confirm or deny actual vehicles once you find one that could be it. The thing to do is probably to go to where you last saw it and go door to door and see if anyone's been there long enough to remember it and clue you where it could have gone. Unless the neighborhood's since become a ghetto or something.

You can check the backyard probably online through Google or Windows Local Live sattelite photos enough to tell if there's a car parked there, although probably not zoom in close enough to tell the difference between a '40 coupe and a Hyundai.

15. Bob my ashtrays have always been filled that's how I know its time to trade cars. :D

Luck on your search, shouldn't be totally impossible, metalshapes found what was left of my Ol' Man's altered after sitting since about '64 or 5.

16. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BTTT for a nice guy.......:cool:

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

You are shitting me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell, does it have the evidence of the vacuum guages on the firewall.

I hope you are not jerking my chain.

B:)B

18. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

My brother-in-law found his 36 ford from high school thru the FORD V8 club. some forty years later.

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

good god like finding a spark plug in a canal , hope you bought a couple of lottery tickets to on the way home , i did talk to a guy who found his grand fathers ford TT truck the other night didnt ask him how he tracked it down but he did an awesome restoration on it

20. jasone

jasone

Man, good luck, looks like someone found something similar.

21. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

rickyracer1962:

Let's see some more pics of that 39 please. Seems strange that it made it's way to Cali but stranger things happen.

Don't keep me in suspense dude, please.

22. skullcracker

skullcracker
    from Austin

Anyone messing with Bob K is inviting the wrath of karma......just saying.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  23. Bob, he is fucking with ya..........

24. AHotRod

AHotRod

Us Florida "Poor Boys" will keep an eye open over here for ya brother-Bob ! :)

25. That's a '40...fagetaboutit!!

26. chopo

chopo

YEA REALLY!!!!!!!!! come on. dont pull his chain to hard it might come off!!:D I hope thats it

27. The four '39's I knew of all had other history.

Sorry. :(

28. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

I spotted a '39 Deluxe coupe yesterday in Norway, Mi. , which is about 10 miles east of Iron Mountain. We were in a hurry, and didn't have time to stop. I saw it about 3 houses away. I don't know what the street was , but it was a block north of St. Mary's Catholic church. Maybe one of you local guys knows about it, or could check it out for Bob.. It was sitting on the street facing east. I know that's almost 200 mi. from Milwaukee, but after this many years, anything is possible...........

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  29. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I guess you are right Trent, I'm not sure I even know the guy so I wonder why?

Ole Pork:

I'm gonna be in Iron Mountian on the 3rd of Oct. I'll go over there and check it out.