Register now to get rid of these ads!

History One Fine Forty (and it's a Chev!)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.Ukrop, Dec 8, 2017.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

One Fine Forty (and it's a Chev!)

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Good looking custom, the chop is fantastic.
    Can't quite tell in the photo but I'd like to see how the top of the grill meets the body....

Torchie likes this.
  3. Torchie

Torchie

Agree with Sancho. It's a good looking chop but I'm not sure about the grill.
    Looks like they fab'd a filler piece for the area above the Nash grill much like what is done when using a 49 Caddy grill on a 41 Ford. Ala Jesse Lopez.
    I always had a hard time wrapping my head around those "Fish Lip" Nash grills.
    Front end kind of reminds me of my old 59 Austin- Healey bug eye sprite. LOL
    All said. I wouldn't kick it out of the garage for leaking oil.......:)
    Torchie

Sancho likes this.
  4. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Man what was the obsession with those Nash grills? Other than the car they came on they just look straight-up goofy on anything else!

Kind of like a sh_t eating grin you can't wipe off of an idiot. Hey that's it! It should have "Village Idiot" painted on its rear quarters, in all of its period correctness. :D

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017

5. Squablow

Squablow

Beautiful chop. Those Nash grilles really were hot for a while. I think it might work better on this car if the headlights were set back into the fenders further and maybe if some height could be taken out of the hood. Not very lowered for a chopped car (maybe not at all?) Still a neat car though, I like it.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the Nash Grille needs some teeth in it and the windshield needs eyeballs like those little cars you get from Chevron.
    cool car regardless

7. IIRC, this was Jack Peed’s first custom ... and he chopped it when he was just 16 years old.

Rolleiflex, Sancho and Torchie like this.
  8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I won't bag on it much but I'm also in the group on the sidelines that's not in love with it. Love the chop, the ass end, the shave, but the rest is "wanting" in some way. If it was indeed a 1st effort from a 16 yr old I can't say enough about it. Put me in a time machine and I'd find him some skirts. I'd teach him how to float a grille vs just changing it out. Help him tunnel the headlight pods into the fender then tunnel the lights into those. I "get it" all the way but I'm just not in love with it.

Rolleiflex likes this.
  9. I formed an opinon before reading the comments, then realized that I'm in agreement with everyone else. Car cool, with exception of the grille.

Maybe a 47 olds grille as a substitute?

10. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

11. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

im sorry, just because its customized doesn't mean its good !!!!!