Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects One Belgian projet - One Belly Tank to Bonneville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alx, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

From the looks of your pictures you fellas have your stuff together. Judging from your flag you must be from southern Belgium. Good luck with your project. Have fun at B'Ville !

2. belair

belair

How come these guys can get stuff FROM America, BUILD a comlpete car, then come THOUSANDS of miles and race at Bville, and I can't even get my sorry butt a few hundred miles to the salt? Please don't answer.
    More power to you, Axl. Best of luck.

3. firingorder1

firingorder1

Desire belair. The ability to get off their butts and actually do something rather than sit on the couch and mumble about going to Bonneville.

4. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Awesome build sir!!! Subscribed

5. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

6. Alx

Alx
    from Belgium

To all,

From the team and I "thank you for your support"

To answer some comments.

Bearing Burner: you're right, for the moment the roll cage for the head is not yet placed, and we will certainly added to a suspension system on the front. with the rules book in my hands, I hope not to forget, but the advice is always welcome :)

RichFox: No, no, we will not forget the pocket, we want to run at Bonneville ;)

The DutchDude: Thanks for the contact, I will not hesitate to contact them if necessary, or to see this is a day in the garage :D

For now we think about the direction, pedals, and we have to start bending the tubes to the head.

I will also put a picture of the identification plate of the tank, because here in europe, there is no great world that can help us. Unless you are sent to the U.S. military who are in Belgium. (at SHAPE in Mons, in Belgium) :eek:

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  7. Few hundred miles??? You must know a shortcut form Texas...even from Brady a few hundred miles is likely still in Texas.....We take 2 cars from Houston every year, its a 25hr drive without stopping. But as state above, you gotta have the desire.
    Hans

8. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

Looking fantastic! Your tank though if made by Republic was not on a P-51 Mustang. The P-51 was built by North American I think yours may have been used on an F-84 Jet fighter? Keep us posted on progress, you guys are living the dream. Good luck with your completion and run on the salt.

Mike

9. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Great build guys. This thing is looking good.

10. blitz

blitz

my gradmother is from your lovley country, im drunk off a beer owned by some of your fellow country men, and my old man grew up about a 1/4 mile from the republic factory. i wish had a plane ticket so i could help you dudes. I think i will have to see this thing on the salt if i cant see it in its native country

11. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats Belly Kings, this is a beautiful build. I wish you dudes all the best and will be watching for when you get the racer over here for a go on the salt. Very cool! ~sololobo~

12. hammered30

hammered30
    from west aus

that looks awsome .great workmanship.keep up the great work . good luck with bonneville

13. Entlebucher

Entlebucher

Marvelous project! Keep up the good work and please keep us posted!

14. Alx

Alx
    from Belgium

hello,

As agreed with me here the identification plate of the tank.

[​IMG]

And here's the data is on them, it's easier to be format, to copy / paste

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Tank Fuel, Jettison External
    Type I
    Aluminium alloy
    Tip Tank-Weight empty 1645 LBS
    Pylon tank-Weight empty 157 LBS
    Specification NO. 28495-D
    Date of Manufacture 4 YR 50
    MFR Part No.30T24450 2
    USAF SERIAL NO 1 04 2
    GOVT ORDER NO. W33-038 AC-22053
    Republic aviation corporation
    Property US Government

I have another question, it may seem silly, but it is to get an idea.

For a first visit to Bonneville, we would at least pass 200mph. Provided of course, that everything is in order ave the SCTA

Do you think that with a 305 chevy engine, push to 350HP, a TH700r4 gearbox, rear axle and a change to be longer. it is feasible ?

To Blitz : You're a little Belgian ;)

15. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Your final gearing VS horsepower /torque curve. With the gearing and tire size
    what RPM do you need for 200? Your transmission will suck up a lot of horsepower. Its always better to have more power than less. Remember that
    Bonneville is pretty high up and you will lose power do to the altitude.

16. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Thats FUCKING AWSOME!!!

17. frenchjack

frenchjack
    from france

It is a pleasure to follow this post, ;) it's a dream for some European hotrodder to put his foot on the Bonneville salt.

18. mivw

mivw
    from holland

i wouldnt have the guts to hit 200mph in this :) respect!!!

19. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

When you get here,drop by Southeast Kansas,and dinner is on me.I'm working on a bellytank too.Great work dudes.

20. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Bonneville is a magical place!

21. salf100

salf100

Did you guys make it to B-ville?

22. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

damn thats impressive

23. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

24. Alx

Alx
    from Belgium

Hello everyone,

Our project continues, this is the latest news:

We installed a steering box. After a lot of testing, with steering boxes chevrolet - Dodge - Jeep - vw. that's the Jeep that gives us the best compromise (size and operation)
    Then it is that the brake cylinder was installed, that's the VW

[​IMG]

The shifter will be installed at the rear of backet and will function through a linkage system.

[​IMG]

We made additional roll cage at the rear, but removable, for protected the tank - gearbox and fire extinguishers, he will also serve as support for the parachute.

[​IMG]

and finally, we worked on the pilot roll cage, this is a roll cage provisional to test the input and the output, the final will be made &#8203;&#8203;with specific tube to be in accordance with the Rules Book.
    Do not hesitate to go see the video on our Facebook page and click "I like" on the main page for follow the project.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Land-Speed-Belgium-Team/256551361038666

Thank you.

25. mika112

mika112

26. Alx

Alx
    from Belgium

Hi,

We were fortunate to have a few pictures, when we worked on the Belly in the garage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Alx

Alx
    from Belgium

We continues the build, that's the protections at the Pilot location for the legs, and begins to look for the supplement on top of the body of the belly.
    Not to mention, the radiator support and the battery above the gearbox.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]