Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods On this path i will be buying horse and buggy in 20 years.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stubbsrodandcustom, Sep 24, 2018.

1. What's wrong with it?

It's already got a straight axle, bigs 'n littles, and plenty of room for creativity with the drivetrain? :D

[​IMG]

Deuces, VANDENPLAS and Hnstray like this.
  2. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I am now pushing back into the 1930's... I just saw a adorable 1929 Plymouth... Oh my...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.
  3. 62rebel

62rebel

Friend of mine had a '25 Chrysler rotting into the ground..... hmmmmmm

4. 59Tele

59Tele

Me too. I tell people "I'm not getting older, I'm getting worse". So far, nobody's argued the point.

5. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Well I could hook up my girl Emma { a 21 hundred pound Black Percheron draft horse}to it and it would have a TON of horse power;) lol. But I have also thought of creating a teens era inspired speedster using a later model four banger drive train as a sunny day cruiser. Larry

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. guitarguy

guitarguy

I was into modern drag racing and muscle cars. Always held an interest in vintage drag stuff though. Within the past 15 years, I sold off the fast stuff, and went 180 and bought a stock Model T.

About 4 years ago, I got into Model T doodlebugs, and just within the past two years, Inow have major interests in early pre WW II hot rods, and went to Bonneville for the first time this year. I can't believe I didn't get into this stuff sooner. I guess I had to get older to appreciate it more. Slow or not, the old cars have an appeal.

My best friend swears he never saw it coming on how I flipped my interests to stuff in the 20's and 30's. I guess you never know until you try.

7. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Man, its almost like we took the same path of sorts. Still have yet to go to Bonneville but its in the works. 20 years of super fast v8s, wheel pulling gear jamming stuff. All my friends said the same thing to me, they never saw that coming. I think older we get the more we appreciate the art and style. Golden years of alot of things. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Teens and 20's speedsters are awesome, thinking that in the teens land speed record was +/-120 mph.

Mind if i start using that? too good to let one person have it.

chryslerfan55 and classiccarjack like this.
  8. 59Tele

59Tele

Absolutely not. Apparently you didn't believe me.
    Just kidding, use it at your own risk.

9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

This is my going backwards project. IMG_3076.JPG

10. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

11. Deuces

Deuces

Here's my little sister's buggy.... She wants me to restore this thing one of these days.... IMG_20151126_143722.jpg

chryslerfan55, F&J and winduptoy like this.
  12. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I dont want to muck up this thread with my build. I have a build thread, save of the day (single seater)

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As much as I like horses I don't want one simply because it is something you have to feed and water and shelter even if you don't ride it. I've got enough friends and family with horses that finding one to ride isn't an issue though.
    There may be something with age having something to do with the appreciation of older things but part of that May be that we are seeing more old style race cars in event coverage from around the world then we did in years past.
    My current project at the head of the list is the 1028/30 something Chevy framed boat tail roadster with what I think is a late 20's early 30's Chevy truck grill shell that is intended to look like a two seat race car from that time frame. I've got a flathead Ford six for it that a fellow Hamber donated to the cause and most parts on it were either donated by friends, swap meet, Craigslist or estate sale finds. It is entirely intended to appear to be an old race car when done.

14. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Thanks, I will look for it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. F&J

F&J

Tell her some of us appreciate her saving one and keeping it in a dry place, instead of yard art that ruins them in a few years. It would not take much effort to just use the broken glass technique of shaving off the old brittle paint, and brush paint it back to like it was new.

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

You were saying??? 001 002.jpg

17. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

18. Deuces

Deuces

Will do!.... Thanks..... :)
    That thing's gotta be from the mid 1800s......

19. Look up Tazio Novolari the Italian driver who won the gran prix with his arm or leg in a cast, I forgot which it was. JW

20. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

A good friend of mine tried selling me an old buggy. He called it a "Democratic Wagon". Now this guy is a joker, and i can never really tell where he is coming from most days.

He says " i bet you've never heard of a democratic wagon before!" I thought he was making a joke. So i fire back and say "you mean a shit spreader?"

winduptoy, F&J and Petejoe like this.
  21. Deuces likes this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

Nice video....

ct1932ford likes this.