Register now to get rid of these ads!

On the side of the road what have you found?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phukinartie, May 9, 2010.

1. A 9v. Makita cordless, reversable drill, in the metal case with all the accesories.
    I saw it fall out of an office furniture truck driving by me. I called the place, told them I found it.........they told me they had plenty of them so just keep it.
    I've had it for over 24 years now, gone thru 4 batteries and 2 chargers. Used it most every day and it has never quit.
    Best freebee I ever found.

2. mac762

mac762

I found an open cell phone in the middle of the road. Took the time to call a few numbers and figure out who's it was. Took it to the house. The dumb bitch snatched it out of my hand and slammed the door in my face. No thank you or anything. I should have ran over the damn thing.

3. Probably had an ass-load of nude pictures of herself on there that she correctly or incorrectly figures you had already perused and was just too mortified to face you.

4. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Yep, you really screwed up there. Ha.;)

5. mac762

mac762

Dang, I didn't think of that. Of course if you'd have seen the chick you wouldn't have wanted to see naked pictures of her. She had a thicker "stach" than I could grow. :)
    The worst part was calling her relation and having them argue. My phone isn't lost, I'm talking on it now. They keep thinking it was a prank and saying "who is this."
    I should have ran over the dang thing.

6. shane2290

shane2290
    from toronto

considering how much you know we all like pics !!!

7. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Gasolene station filler nozzle off a tanker truck. Made it into a light.

Attached Files:

8. ZRX61

ZRX61
    from The AV

An entire rear axle complete with half a driveshaft & both wheels, sitting right in the middle of the road with smoke coming from it.
    I pull over, drag it off the road & look around for about 10 minutes.. no sign of the vehicle it came from anywhere to be seen. No scrape marks in the road or anything... that was kinda strange..

9. 24K HAMB Gold at its finest.

10. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Slide in pickup bed protectors----See about one each month or two in the I35 median between OKC and Kansas border. Figure they blow out at night and driver doesnt even know they are gone.

11. ShouldaWouldaCoulda

ShouldaWouldaCoulda

Rush hour traffic on a main surface road, I spotted a welding helmet in the left lane. Since I was going the other way, I pulled a U-turn and then another one, and came at this thing with my door open, I reached down and scooped it up!

Turned out better than I'd hoped. It was a Speed Glass auto-darkening, used but with no broken part's even the glass, was still intact.

I bought new glass, and liner, cleaned the shit out of it, and went at it with my airbrush, now, I'm happily covering my head and face at any opportunity to ruin good metal.

Attached Files:

12. I found a hippy chick on the side of the road once. I never liked hippies but I did like hippy chicks.

13. Best thing I found; A brand new Craftsman pressure washer that had apparently fallen off of someones truck or out of their trunk.

Worst thing I found; My dinner, after a hard night of drinkin' (a loooooooong time ago ;)).

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  14. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

A brand new Baker Drivetrain 3 inch belt drive for a motorcycle. It took a hard hit on the road and look like it slid aways. These retail for around $2700. It will take some work to repair and about $600-$700 in parts. Unfortunately,it is right side drive and the chopper I am building is left side drive.

15. yes it was, the pilot was dead drunk:rolleyes:

16. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

There was an old tire lying on the side of the road at the intersection of Mt. Comfort Rd and I-70 just four miles north of my house. I, along with about 10,000 other people, drove past it at least twice a day and at least five days a week. Finally, the state sent a crew out to clean up the roadside and when they came to the tire, it had $226,000 in cash inside it. They suspect it was left as part of a drug deal (right in front of the truck stop) and someone either got arrested, killed, or something else that prevented the pickup. The three state workers TURNED IT IN TO THE STATE OF INDIANA and each received a $3000 reward for their honesty. Obviously the money was never claimed. Personally, I would not have recieved that $3000 from the state of Indiana if I had found it. Not that I'm a thief, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a quarter of a million dollars in a tire in front of a truck stop was probably not on the up and up. The money was beginning to decay from sitting out in the weather for what they said was at least three months while hundreds of thousands of cars passed by it and were too busy to worry about picking up someone elses trash.

17. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

I stop all the time to pick up trash bags that have fallen off of other people's trucks while I'm taking off my trash. Maybe i should start going through it? :eek:

18. phukinartie

phukinartie

I found 5 bucks along the road today :D

19. Found the ashes of a guy named Merle Callahan, from Florida in a plastic bag near South fork ,ca. Notified the cops and they traced it but came up with no answeres. The cremation papers were still in the bag.

20. henry29

henry29

I've found several craftsman screwdrivers, 2 wallets, two brand new 15" goodyear tires,
    a snap on 13 mm wrench, a lazyboy recliner, VW hubcap, brand new mustang bumper cover, lawn mower, fiberglass go cart body, empty gas can, a mangled connecting rod, two bundles of shingles, a new cherry bomb muffler, and a 3.8 ford v6.

21. Deuces

Deuces

Road pizza...... :eek:

22. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

While driving home one evening from the local fishing hole on a dirt road a truck with a skeeter bass boat passed us like we were standing still and this is a terrible road. My brother and I both mentioned how everything in the boat was jumping around due to the washboard road and the fact that the cat was driving over 65 mph when one of the boat seats, two poles, and a huge tackle box fall out. We picked them up and tried to catch him once we got to the highway pulling up beside him where we were promptly flipped the bird and the dude swerved at us. Screw that, that shit is ours now. A skeeter boat seat is worth about $200 and we each have a new pole and plenty of tackle.
    Lundy

23. A dead skunk once, but I decided to leave it because it stunk.

24. One summer coming back from my buddy's place where I keep the cars I spotted three milk crates in the median of the 4-lane coming into the next town. One was broken a little but I picked them all up - I use them for my flea market crap.

All that summer a ways up from those a complete pickup bedliner sat next to a bridge abutment, but I left that alone.

25. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

When I was a kid my buddies would find dead snakes and they would get one of their moms old purses to put the snake in. They would lay the purse on the side of a rural road waiting on the next victim. They would hide in the woods and laugh their asses off when people would slow down and pick up the purse. Most of the time the person would drive off then suddenly slamming on brakes to a stop jumping out of the car yelling and screaming! They did it one day to a guy the same way they had always done. After it scared the shit out of this guy he threw it in the wood as some would do. My buddies came out of the hiding spot to put it back on the road and you guessed it the guy had turned around and caught them at the side of the road. He chased one into the woods and beat the shit out of him! They stopped after that! I never was in on it because I was deathly afraid of snakes.

26. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Really nice cooler the kind with wheels and a handle.

27. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

found a nice sawzall once, and i still have it.

28. T-Faust

T-Faust

Artillery? Were shoes still on the legs?

29. 61TBird

61TBird

You should have made a Hat out of it...:D
    (this is mine)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've found a;
    Worm Drive Skil Saw
    Cordless Drill in the case with an extra Battery
    Push broom(Thanks CalTrans!)
    Landscape Shovel(The Big Aluminum one,again,Thanks CalTrans!)
    The Best one was when I had a '68 Malibu,I was missing a Hubcap and actually found one in the Street(early '90's)!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  30. TrannyMan

TrannyMan