Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest OMG this book is amazing! Strother MacMinn photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrd32, Aug 24, 2009.

1. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Ok..... first let me acknowledge that I know there was another Thread about this book....but I didn't want this buried at the end of it....I apologize.....If you have the skins and you are a fanatic about early Hot Rodding.... (HAMB Dah!)... you have to add this book to your library..... the images are excellent and varied as well as shots of stuff I've never seen before...they are beautiful...as I have said before Thank God for photographers and their passion for saving History for us....The book was put together by Ken Gross and Robert Ames (Thank You).....BUT..... there are only 1000 copies so if you want one better get it now..... it will sell out....you can order from....The Rodders Journal.....cool stuff!

[​IMG]

2. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I just checked out the RJ site but didn't see it there?! Am I missing something??

3. 31whitey

31whitey

I think mine should be here today....

Shipped on the 19th....

cant wait

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

125 clams... it better be good. I looked at it at Goodguys. I would have got one @$40.00 or so. too rich for my blood.

5. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

E-mail them. I didn't find it at first either but I was able to order through return E-mail.

6. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I agree it's expensive.... but also a limited edition....as Hot Rod folks know rare equals expensive....especially '32 guys.....:(...:)

7. oldnumber57

oldnumber57

Ken Gross and I have agreed to keep track of new information regarding the cars that are covered in the book. We've already been supplied new information regarding a couple and are confident a lot more will be forthcoming as the books reach their new owners. With the help of RJ these historical details could be made available to all making Hot Rods and Custom Cars an even more valuable research resource. HAMB would seem to be a good place to post comments on the cars pictured. Maybe I should start a new thread?

8. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

It would be great to be able to find and list any of the "survivors".....especially cool if they were all found here....yeah.... start a thread and people of interest could subscribe and follow.......post on here if you do to let us know......

9. Erik B

Erik B

I had Strother as a teacher. Never heard him talk about lakes racing or seen anything like that at his home. Huh.

10. oldnumber57

oldnumber57

Rodders Journal postcard mailing offering the book to its subscribers arrived here today.

11. Chopperken

Chopperken

Bob: I agree, and I'm keeping a file of any information received about the photos or the text. 'Cheers, Ken

12. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

It's $125 PLUS shipping. I think I'll wait for the paperback! :D