Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Oldsmobile oil galley plugs and oil pump clips!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by spacecowboy81, Jun 22, 2019.

1. spacecowboy81

spacecowboy81

Went through my freshly rebuilt 371 Olds with the Olds tech thread posts and the shop manual and found how the machine shop put in solid galley plugs that won't squirt oil on the timing chain and there's another one in back through the distributor hole that is supposed to squirt oil on the distributor gear. Did a little digging on this and my question is, what is the best way to correct this?? Are the plugs available and how do I remove the one in the back through the distributor hole?

Also, don't know what happened to the clips for the oil pump that hold on the drive. Anyone know of a source for those??

20190621_111601.jpg 20190621_111554.jpg 20190621_111523.jpg

2. tuff parts to locate. Had an extra TC squirter but let it go for the same reason that you need one. maybe a call to Tony in Ohio @GOATROPER02 will be the answer. He may or should be able to bail you out. Or maybe Frank has some lying around in CT @F&J, or @Blownolds possibly