Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Olds Rocket - Rocker Arm I.D.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchctybob, Mar 19, 2018.

1. bchctybob

bchctybob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rummaging around in my Olds parts stash, looking for a rocker stand to replace a cracked one, I opened up a greasy butcher paper and found a set of adjustable 1.8 ratio Olds rockers in almost perfect shape.
    I was wondering if any of the Olds Rocket aficionados could tell who manufactured/sold them? I found the matching pushrods and 15 new solid lifters too. Anyone have one spare new solid lifter they don't need?
    IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0852.JPG IMG_0853.JPG

2. Squablow

Squablow

Are these the Studebaker adjustable rockers which also fit early Olds and Caddy? I guess a lot of Studebaker engines of the 50's (even the straight 6's) had them right from the factory and they bolt right onto the Olds and Cad rocker shafts. That's what I've heard at least. No idea on the lifters though.

3. They look very different and lighter to the Studebakers..the Studes have the adjusting screw reversed...

4. bchctybob

bchctybob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wondered about them maybe being Studebaker. That's why I posted. If anyone can ID them it's here. The valve end of each of them has a slight bluish color as though they were induction hardened.
    I sent my '56 324 Olds rocker assemblies out to be rebuilt and got the fatal call; the shafts are junk and the rockers have been done to death and need to be reground again. So I dug deep into the old boxes of Olds stuff and found a bunch of worn out shafts, a new set of 1.5 adjustable rockers, two sets of stands and these lightly used 1.8s. I bought new shafts and would like to use these rockers. My new cam is a Ross Racing unit that uses the 1.8 rockers.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. bchctybob

bchctybob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bump for the dinner crowd out west and the "need to read something boring so I can get to sleep" crowd back east.

6. jebbesen

jebbesen
    from Winona, MN

How did this ever turn out? Did you get it set up with the adjustable arms? It's too bad they're so unobtainable now. I plan to set mine up with original non adjustable factory arms but adjustables would sure be convenient!

7. lumpy 63

lumpy 63
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotha ?

F&J likes this.
  8. lumpy 63

lumpy 63
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob , Does your wife know you laid your dirty old engine parts on the living room floor?:D