Register now to get rid of these ads!

olds rocker arms and solid cam id

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56olds-ERDY, Oct 15, 2008.

1. 56olds-ERDY

56olds-ERDY

hi looking for help in identifying these adjustable rockers and solid cam for 303/324 olds.like the manufacture and specs.the numbers on the cam are M-177 rocker arms have a capitol B with a circle around it,and single letters like K,E etc.thanks for any help.pulled them off a 303.

Attached Files:

2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

The rocker arm looks like either Gotha or McGurk. It's definitely not an Isky rocker.

3. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Those are Gotha because of the pushrod adjuster needing a cup pushrod
    McGurk used a std style pushrod

Tony

Ross Racing Engines
    Nile,Ohio
    330-544-4466

4. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Are there any other numbers on the cam? The Crane cam I have for my 324 has what I believe is the serial number M278 stamped in it. It also has another number (SS300) which is the model number. Besides the SS300 series, my 1969 Crane catalog shows an H292, H302, S264, M272, & M282.

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

not to piss in your cornflakes,
    and certainly can't say it's true for all of them but,,

the only Gotha rockers I tried to run needed constant adjustment

the screws have no jamb nut and are supposed to stay in adjustment using an interference fit.

maybe ok at the strip where you can adjust after every run or two but mine would not hold for long on the street.

6. 56olds-ERDY

56olds-ERDY

thanks for the help.you guys are good.now let me see if i can stump you.here is some for a 394.same kind of adjuster.notice the big ass slot cut in the body.the 303 ones look like they could be switched to the other style of adjustor.the 394 one i dont know.one of the 394 ones is damaged where the pushrod hit the body from the adjuster loosening up.soo i see what your saying.id like to use the 394 ones,but i wonder if it can be fixed.i dont see the point of the slots being cut.maybe for weight,but they make cuts into the shafts.btw no other markings on the cam besides 123 being stamped into the back.

Attached Files:

7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I was at a kid's place recently that had the remains of his father's vast early Olds collection,
    in that collection was an NOS top end oiler kit,

I could see that working well with those slots.

I gotta give him a call..