Register now to get rid of these ads!

Olds front shocks 1959

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leroy 701, May 4, 2010.

1. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

I was wondering if anyone has a source for front shocks for a 59 Olds? I've been all over the place and have looked quite a bit online with no success so far. I've been told by a few different sources that shocks between like 57 and 63 are no longer made?? I know there is someone out there with some. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

Anyone?? cmon the hamb never fails

3. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get some measurments and check the Monroe website. They've got dimensions for all the shocks that they manufacture. Even if nothing is listed specifacally for your Olds there is probably something that will work. I've done this at work (O'Reillys) for more than one car.

4. 61bone

61bone

Call Kanter auto parts

5. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

Thanks I'll check out Kanter.
    I spent over and hour at carquest and the guy there really went to bat for me. I had a shock with me and we had all the dimensions and looked at the specs of tons of shocks, nothing fit. Same story with napa.
    The biggest problem is that it uses a bolt through at the top instead of a stud(shaft) and they are very very short, most shocks are longer collapsed than these are extended.
    If it was a Chevy or Pontiac, I'd be gold. Oh well, it aint easy being different.
    I've got a request for info on the classic olds site, somethings bound to show up.
    Thanks for the input!

6. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

7. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

:D This is me and what I'm doing now!
    Once again the Hamb comes through, trannyman thank you for this http://www.fusick.com/ what a great resource, they had the shocks I was looking for. Kanter also has some and is a good source as well.
    This all would be a lot more difficult and time consuming without the Hamb.

8. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Glad I could help.....

9. joewit

joewit
    from Delaware

autozone carries them.

10. yeah, autozone or kragen usually stock them, they arent anything that special. i put monroe gas shocks on a 58 olds, got them from autozone.