Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods OLDS Drag racing equipment found (Charlie Kubat)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyard junky, Oct 5, 2008.

1. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Back in the summer of this year, I had to pick up a 64 pontiac that I had found. I scheduled the pick up so that a friend and I could go to the Iola swap meet. At the iola swap meet I spotted an Olds bellhousing and started talking to the owner. So we started talking and I found that that he wants to sell all of his Olds stuff. Come to found out that back in the early to mid 60's Charlie (Owner of the olds parts) use to race a 41 pontiac coupe with a 371 olds 3x2 setup.

So this past Thur- Sat, I went to WI and bought all of the olds parts. I had to help pull the engine and trans that was in the 41 pontiac. Specs on the engine are 371, 3x2 setup with three different carbs for even distribution of fuel to the engine(as I was told). and a 50 three speed manual trans. I think that Charlie stated that he use to use a dodge truck clutch? I'm not for sure.

The car had been setting outside for about 4-5 years due to Charlie having three light strokes and being partially paralized for a little while.

I also got a 394 block, 324 block and a 303 block. Along with three sets of heads, cranks, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds and all the misc stuff.

I was asked what I was going to be putting the olds engine and tranny in and I also recieved s set of Hurst motor mounts that fits a olds engine to the early ford cars. Still in the box with all the paper work.

I'm going to be putting this in my 46 ford coupe that I have been working on.

I'm still working on getting more pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  2. WOW, thats cool as shit.

3. George G

George G

gotta love it!

4. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Love that use of a flathead radiator.

5. autobilly

autobilly

Well Junky, looks rough but there's heaps of kool parts. Congratulations on the score, but you've sure got your work cut out.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  6. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

I just bought the engine and other parts. The owner was to street rod it. Put a firebird rar axle and subframe under it.:eek:

I thought it was pretty neat how it was set up.

Oh yeah one of the bottom hoses on the rad was blocked off.

7. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

8. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

See it never hurts to talk to older folks...

9. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

wow dude,killer score!

but since no one has said it yet shoulda loaded up the 41 and brought it home too!

10. got some nice exhaust manifolds there, they can be flipped up and used that way too, did that on a olds power 53 chev eons ago before i was sent to the crazy asian war

Attached Files:

11. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

i was thinking the same thing you shouldve tried to get the car as a whole package.still nice score

12. orphaneddie

orphaneddie

13. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

There was no way anyone could get the pontiac home. The pwner never would of sold it. He has had it since he was 14.