Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Olds 303 freeze plug

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan Noyes, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Ryan Noyes

Ryan Noyes
    from Mokena IL

Hi everyone. Got a 50 olds 88 with the 303ci. Drivers side front freeze plug went out yesterday. Looks like a super tight spot to get to, and pulling the motor sadly isn’t an option (tiny one car garage in an HOA controlled town house) has anyone managed to get freeze plugs in on this car WITHOUT pulling the motor? Thank you everyone!

2. 37gas

37gas

They make a rubber plug that has a stud coming out of it in many sizes, just tighten the nut and the plug expands to seal,I think they call them boiler plugs. I have used them many times with no problems

VANDENPLAS and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  3. 37gas

37gas

they are called rubber expansion plugs, they make many different kinds and sizes your just going to have to look for the right one and size.

oldsjoe and Ryan Noyes like this.
  4. Ryan Noyes

Ryan Noyes
    from Mokena IL

Thank you so much! Went to Advanced auto, picked my size up and was able to enjoy my olds again! Much appreciated

oldsjoe and TrailerTrashToo like this.