Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. YoungGun

YoungGun

please guys nobody call this number,youll have nightmares for life. Curiosity got the better of me and i regret it big time

2. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

Saw a pretty good one while I was working at the local O'Reilly's. One of the new salesmen from the Toyota dealership down the street came in on an errand for the parts department. Being the rookie, he must have drawn the short straw. Anyway, he comes in looking for taillight oil. Luckily the techs at the dealership had called ahead and told us he was coming, otherwise I would have burst out laughing right there. We told him we were out and that he should try the Autozone down the street. The poor guy went to every parts store in town because the techs had called them all and let them in on the joke. He was really pissed once he got back to the dealership and was told he'd been had.

3. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

gggg this was like an old Navy trip, when a newbie fireman apprentice would be sent to the stores petty officer, for a can of 'relative bearing grease'. one guy almost got up to the squadron commander.

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

did someone already mention the inner tube over the exhaust pipe? take a piece of old bike inner tube, tie a tight knot in one end, then hose clamp the other end to the exhaust pipe, make sure to tuck it under the car. :)

5. ablebob

ablebob

Fill a hand cleaner can with white lithium grease & set it by the sink.

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

done it, man this dirt on our hands just won't come off!!! :D

7. tonuprocker

tonuprocker
    from santa cruz

these have most likley been posted but just in case.

my dad got my mom with the following-saran wrap the toilet seat. cover a old cloth diaper with ketchup and send me running in from the garage when i was 5-6 years old screaming,holding the rag on my head. the gas gauge was broken on her datsun 510 and he would ease the hand brake on (while he was a passenger) so the car would dive a bit and she would panic that they were out of gas.

in the shop ive pulled the old run a wire to the seat frame from the coil bit on a guy that should have gotten worse. make acetalyne bombs with a paper towel and a surgical glove. saran wrap tool boxes. picked up a managers geo metro with our forklift and placed it in a spot he couldnt get it out (took the forklift keys home) grease of all sorts under tool box drawer handles. horn to brake light or to turn signal is fun.

my favorite is finding super heavy wheel wieghts and placing them at the bottom inside edge of the wheel at all four corners. on a light car like a camry at speed its funny!

8. GTS225

GTS225

So......YoungGun......Inquiring minds want to know...........Did you have a long, drawn-out conversation with them?:D ;)

No, I didn't call it.......I googled it.

Roger

9. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

don't forget hang a roll of sanding discs in place of toilet paper right before slipping someone some heavy duty exlax brownies. the last time this was done ,after a record dash to the bathroom for the victim was you dumb ^^%$##@s!! where's the toilet paper you ^%$$#ers!! of course everyone was standing outside of the door laughing their asses off. :D

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

same here, make up some fake parking tickets for people who can't park, and use that as the information number. :)

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

12. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

im gonna try that "sorry i hit your car" thing. my friend just got his focus back together after a gaurd rail incident.....

13. dragster dude

dragster dude

thats awsome

14. dragster dude

dragster dude

done that one heaps of times never gets old :D:D:D

15. dragster dude

dragster dude

take off dizzy cap pull out the graphite pin ptu a small piece of paper in the hole put graphite pin back in oops no spark hard to find but harmless

16. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

I had a friend in high skewl that had to mess with things while riding in your car, new booster eq, he'd fiddle with the adjustments, new fog lights he'd play with the switch, harmless but very annoying.

to fix him I run a tube from the windshield washer tank up and over the flip down visor and mashed the end flat so it would spray the entire passenger seat. Then I put a big chrome plated toggle switch right in plain sight that turned on the pump.

When I picked him up he asked whats this do? I told him not to fuck with it, Please.
    While driving I'd catch him reaching for it, Dude, leave it alone. (There might have been a maryjwannanica cigarette or 2 smoked during the ride)

Soon enough he got sneaky and flipped the switch, and he couldnt figure out where the water was coming from or why he was getting wet, by the time he got the switch turned back off I was laughing so hard I ran off the road into the ditch and I almost pissed my pants.

He never messed with my stuff again.

17. Guest user

Guest user
    from On Maui

Took an old carb and melted it down some with a torch, When this PIA that worked at the shop let his carb soak in the carb tank overnight,we replaced his carb with the melted one. Now the look on that guys face when he hauled up the melted carb was priceless.

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

In the late '70s I worked in a truck shop. A young friend of mine got a job there, eager but zip on experience. After letting the other mechanics in on the joke, I sent my young friend to the parts dept for muffler bearings. Boy did he turn red when the parts guys started laughing! After 30 plus years we still laugh about it.

19. big bad john

big bad john

When I was sixteen ....I put a smoke bomb with a whisle in a math teacher car. Remenber it went off after school in the parking lot with everybody around.........smoke filled the parking lot........another teacher called the fire department....All HELL broke out........They somehow found out it was me.......Got expelled a week from school. fail math class and made my father laugh.......Hell, I was Bad before Bad was Cool....... :D Big Bad John

20. this ones good if people mess with your stuff in the shop / your tool box.. charge up an ignition condenser with the wire cut off.. and leave it out somewhere.. nothing like a little shiny thing that someone just has to pick up and look at.. when they do.. they get zapped lol

21. imnezrider

imnezrider

Yep...I learned about this when I was a kid...mechanic said, "hey, catch", then pitched one to me.

22. Racewriter

Racewriter

Of course, we've all done the "charge up the condenser" routine. I just always liked to toss them to people - it's amazing how many people will catch something when they don't know what it is.

My favorite was when you're standing next to a car with the engine running and a buddy nearby. Grab the buddy by the arm, then grab a plug wire. The current goes through you and grounds into them (don't ask me why). I've made people piss themselves doing this. The best was in college, a really bitchy girl who fancied herself a car chick but knew nothing, liked nothing, and never got her hands dirty. A girl like that pissing her pristine white pants....

23. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cme%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> My ex son-in-law had an old 280Z. I told him to let me put a kill switch in it for him, he said no. It got stolen a few months later but just taken for a joyride and was recovered. He then asked me to install a kill switch. I grounded the distributor through a switch and also ran the starter wire from the ignition switch to the starter through a switch.
    A few weeks later it was stolen again, his mom (car was in her name) wasn&#8217;t happy that he had gotten married, tried to drive the car away herself, couldn&#8217;t get it started and had it towed to her house. It cost her $500 for the tow and to get it running. ($5 in kill switches, $500 to remove)

24. Some great stories here. And some of these jokes never get old!

25. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I grew up and worked with my dad in his business. He had T.V. cameras that went through pipelines to check for cracks and leaks. He was one of the first people in the country doing this, so there wasn't a lot of equipment he could buy. We had to make most of it ourselves. We also did all of our own maintainence on our vehicles. I started working with my dad on the job when I was 12 and gained a ton of knowledge and experience. I didn't want to take over the business ( for a lot of reasons ) so when I got a Steamfitter apprenticeship, I figured I wouldn't be taken in with all the "new guy" stuff. "Go get me a Left handed wrench", "Hey, I need a box of sparks", that kind of stuff.
    My first day on the job as a pre-apprentice I was teamed up with an older guy who seemed pretty sharp. When we started working he took his 6 ft. ruler out of his pocket, unfolded it, stuck it out in front of him with his arm raised looking up at the ceiling where we had to measure to install some piping. He moved his arm vertical then horizontal all with one eye closed, tongue sticking out and mumbling to himself. He then tells me to write down the numbers he gives me and then tells me to go cut the pipe. I said,"It will never fit!". He said, "Trust me, cut the pipe. If you keep your eyes open and your mouth shut, I'll teach you how to do it". It completely amazed me that it fit. I though now here's a guy I can learn from! I watched everything he did closely for the next three days as he stood on the ground and "took measurements" up at the ceiling 20ft. up and everything fit. The fourth day I ran an errand before work and ended up about a half hour early at the jobsite. I walk in and the Sonofabitch was up on a lift taking measurements for the day. He got me good.

26. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

27. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

We used to have a water truck driver, a gimpy French guy who loved to squirt you with the truck, squirt your pickup first thing in the morning so the dust would stick to it, stuff like that. So he comes up beside me on the grader, shoots the street washer nozzle up in the air in front of me, not trying to get me, but the wind caught it and right in the face.. So the next morning I show up about 6 and pour a full bottle of Berkeley Strike, which is stinkum made from groundup fish guts and such, all over the exhaust pipe where it went under the cab on his truck- lasted about 3 weeks, and he never figured it out.
    So a few weeks later, we'd been eating lunch in the same spot every day, and he brings fried chicken 3 days in a row- first day he tosses the bones on the ground, we tell him knock it off as there's yellowjackets everywhere, he thinks it's funny, does it again the next day, and the next- frikken yellowjackets all over the chicken parts. So he finishes early and heads for the outhouse- I've had enough of the bees, shoo them away and pick up all the chicken parts and put them in the cab of his truck ;) He comes back and we keep him talking a few minutes, gets in the truck and it's Tora Tora Tora in there, we hear AAAIIIEEE SONOFABITCH AAAIIIEEE... No more chicken bones on the ground.
    So at the end of the week we're finished with the job, and he has to take the truck to the yard. We send him to the store for sodas after lunch, and strap one of those multi-functional blowup dolls spreadeagled on the back of the truck :D He drove all the way from Vacaville to Berkeley on I-80, into the driveway, past the dispatch office, then the shop, with his new girlfriend getting a tan on the back- you could say he was a bit pissed when a dozen folks came out and showed him :mad:

I have a little gizmo always hidden and at the ready in my shop, and old set of truck air horns, the old-style high pitch trumpets- and a blowgun just happens to fit in the inlet perfectly. Just make sure your mark isn't standing near anything you value or sharp objects, as they won't be in complete control of their movements when you light it off- guaranteed

28. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I can't stop laughing now!!! stop it!!! :D don't forget for good pranks get some of that doe in heat urine in the bottle, worst smelling stuff on earth, get an old piece of tupperware, put some kind of food in it, and ask someone to smell it to see if they think it's good. :p once they crack the lid and get a whiff of that stuff on it, start running lol

29. Gman0046

Gman0046

When we were kids, a friend of mine had a problem with another guy we knew. He took a unrolled condom and put it in his gas tank. It drove the guy crazy as when the condom covered the gas pick up the engine would die. After the condom floated away the engine would restart. I'm not sure he ever figured it out. Yes, we also used to use those car bombs hooked up to a spark plug as well.

30. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

We played the "hold this wire while I start it" trick on everyone gullible enough to fall for it. Started w/ mini bikes and went on through to cars. Oldie but a Goodie!!!