Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Old thread posting.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vintage threads get better with age...except for the red x's which has been somewhat restored by download of a patch...

It truly is incredible how much good informative information has been shared here over the years. When image searching it wild how many net images have been shared here as well. Thanks everyone...and a special thanks to those whom have left us but their contributions still continue to wow and educate...may they rest in peace.

I have responded to some memorial threads that were years old but I am getting better at catching the age of the thread.

I miss a lot too...so if I've missed a old thread its still new to me.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Baumi and Hot Rods Ta Hell like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Baumi and razoo lew like this.
  3. Sometimes when you post for info that was discussed in the past, you get "Search, dadgummit!" :mad:
    But other times when you have searched and find something in the past to discuss, your dad gets gummed anyway. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Poh, ManChu and Stogy like this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

I have no problem with folks bringing up old threads. But when they are completely oblivious to the fact that the last post in the thread was from 8 years ago, and they answer as if it were posted earlier the same day.....hmmmm.....

Johnny Gee and Stogy like this.
  5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

When I was a newbie, I started reading the last page and went from there for a week or two. Then realized I needed to start with page 1. Then again I am a left handed person.

Stogy likes this.
  6. That’s the one!! Thanks a lot!! Those guys had balls of steel!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found Ryans post and the video didn't work anymore but I remembered seeing it at the time...They were extremely vulnerable that's for sure.

57 Fargo likes this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What day is this?

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It says yesterday...:rolleyes::p so Yesterday plus your 13 minutes ago plus a moment =today;) have a good one:D

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is cool and I have said a few times that after a certain period of time only the OP should be able to reopen an old thread. We all know that project progress stalls for unforeseen reasons at times and then picks up at a later date.
    What burns my biscuits is a first time poster opening a several year dead thread to display his knowledge on the subject long after an issue has been solved.

11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

12. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

If the information provided on the different threads isn’t worth something, the humor expressed is priceless. And all God’s children said “AMEN” I’m out—-have a great evening!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Stogy likes this.
  13. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

It turns into a catch 22:

You have the people that say “there are 8 threads on this subject why not use the search function?” Or “I did a simple search and found 8 threads on this subject and here they are”

Then you have “This thread just won’t die” or This thread is 8 years old why are you bringing it back?”

Some people just have nothing better to do than to say something negative to a poster instead of helping.

Poh, Montana1 and LAROKE like this.
  14. NWRacing

NWRacing

This....

Poh likes this.