Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old steering box gurus...HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ANDEREGG TRIBUTE, Feb 2, 2013.

1. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Ok folks, I am in desperate need of some info, advice, parts for my steering box for my roadster build.

This is the exact type of box that was on the original car, so replacing it with something else is the absolute last option. I have heard these arent the greatest boxes, but maybe I was missinformed.

What I am looking for is any technical manuals, specifications, part numbers, cross referenced parts, or any little tidbit that would help in rebuilding, maintaining, and using in good health this steering box.

What I have been SO LUCKY to find is a 1934 Chevrolet car steering box and column, as stated earlier exactly what Uncle Ray had used on the original car.

A huge THANKS in advance for any help and here are some pics of the installed box and a pic of the in progress roadster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 24riverview

24riverview

3. I'm thinking you are going to need to gusset that mount. Its pretty tall and looks to be 1/4" thick, could be just the way the photo makes it look. I'll start there. Tim

4. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Thanks 24riverview, those links are perfect and a great start!!!!

5. jarhead

jarhead

6. haychrishay

haychrishay

Get Vern Tardel's Ford Steering Box service and repair book, has a lot of great infor for your specific application . Just purchased it myself. www.verntardel.com

7. 24riverview

24riverview

The one listed is car and truck.